Starbucks? HELP!

Options

Replies

• crummywatertowr
    crummywatertowr Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Starbucks coffee for the most part is horrible unless you add all the sugar flavors to it. The best things to get are fresh fruit and water. And cake pops if you are splurging.
  • JaydeSkye
    JaydeSkye Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I was thinking that I'd probably just go with a drink but fresh fruit is a great option. I didn't notice it on the menu!
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a Skinny Vanilla Latte, or a tea, without sugar. The peach one is pretty good and I also like it cold. Yum! I've never eaten anything at Starbucks so I can't help! I do think they have some yogourt or fruits.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate the help. I'll look to the tea and ask for more info inside. Thank you :)

PS. I already landed the client, but please continue with your unsolicited insults..... you clearly need it to feel better about yourself. Here's a virtual hug for your sad life.

Why are you so angry?
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I always do a double take when someone suggests iced tea as an alternative. I have to remember that the US serves actual tea iced, not what we've got up here in Canada. Lol!
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Most stores carry fruit cups and greek yogurt. You can get one of those and water. If you like tea, try the iced passion tea (its also caffeine free if that is an issue for you). We also carry coconut milk now as a dairy free option besides soy milk. Could always get a Syrup cream ( so just the steamed milk and a flavor. We do have sugar free syrups that are sweetened with splenda).

I work as a barista part time- hope this helps!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate the help. I'll look to the tea and ask for more info inside. Thank you :)

PS. I already landed the client, but please continue with your unsolicited insults..... you clearly need it to feel better about yourself. Here's a virtual hug for your sad life.

If you say so. ...
    Dunkin Doughnuts coffee is better. Starbucks tastes like burnt crumbs!!

Congrats on landing the client, limey tea drinker.
  • eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you're having a meeting, I would not go with fresh fruit. That would be awkward to eat in a meeting. Just go with an iced black or green tea. Tell them "no syrup" when you order, so they don't think you say "sweetened" when you actually try to say "unsweetened." They get confused all the time and don't hear correctly. Or if you opt for hot tea, the mint citrus green tea is pretty good. But always ask how many tea bags they put... they usually put 3 in my venti and it ends up being so strong it is undrinkable! Good luck, Starbucks usually has something for everyone. :smile:
  • alyciamoyer5
    Options
    Ice water is always good.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    In.

To see how many flounces there are.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Listen, I have more important things to do than sit here and have a full blown argument on the internet with you. I came here to ask for suggestions of what to order. I thanked those who responded with actual information. The rest of you can take a hike.

I think you need to eat more, much more for the following reasons:
    1. you seem Hangry (angry due to hunger for netting so low)
    2. Endurance training is a reason to eat more, you want to fuel your training.

And FYI you are the only one throwing insults, the people you are replying to are just pointing things out! Don't worry about what to eat, Just choose what you think you will enjoy the most and hopefully it is high enough cals, to make up for your low intake.
  • nentecular
    nentecular Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Just ask for a black Americano. Sorted.
  • jazzyjez
    jazzyjez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    Have an iced tea...unsweetened, black, green or passion (no caffeine) all are zero calories unsweetened. OR you could have a splenda in them instead of the sugar.

The new smoothies are good...mango carrot is my favorite and all have under 250 calories (the mango carrot is 230, sweet greens is 160). They only have sugars from the fruit in them.

Hmm, I didn't know about the new smoothies with no added sugars!

They used to have a TAZO orange tea that I really liked. I think tea, fruit or water are great suggestions!

Not sure why your post is an excuse for other people to judge your whole diet? Don't worry about it!

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    The passion tea lemonade is quite yummy. I get it half sweet to cut down on calories.
    Or a plain hot herbal tea? Just stay away from the frappucinos, they're huge calorie bombs
  • ErikThaRed
    ErikThaRed Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I always get the Skinny Vanilla Latte. Order a short if you like, it the smallest size I think. I get a grande which is the second largest and its only 120 cals.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I always do a double take when someone suggests iced tea as an alternative. I have to remember that the US serves actual tea iced, not what we've got up here in Canada. Lol!
    Agree. I learned this lesson the hard way when travelling in the US lol.

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Iced Chai.
  • eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    jazzyjez wrote: »
    suruda wrote: »
    Have an iced tea...unsweetened, black, green or passion (no caffeine) all are zero calories unsweetened. OR you could have a splenda in them instead of the sugar.

The new smoothies are good...mango carrot is my favorite and all have under 250 calories (the mango carrot is 230, sweet greens is 160). They only have sugars from the fruit in them.

Hmm, I didn't know about the new smoothies with no added sugars!

They used to have a TAZO orange tea that I really liked. I think tea, fruit or water are great suggestions!

Not sure why your post is an excuse for other people to judge your whole diet? Don't worry about it!

The new smoothies are only avaliable in California, Alaska, Oregon, Washington or Idaho currently.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    They have iced teas called Starbucks Refreshers that are really good and low in calories. The Cool Lime one is just green tea with slices of lime in it and it has a little bit of caffeine so you get an energy boost. A tall (which is what they call a small) which is 12 oz. is only 50 calories. All of their nutrition info is posted on their website, so you can pick what you want to have before you get there.
    I've tried their strawberry and banana smoothie, and that is good as well. Just pick what sounds good, enjoy it, log it, and then move on with your day. No need to fret!
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Anything wrong with water?