• dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    NM
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I live on Hollywood Beach as well, if you are going to the one on Young Circle in downtown, they have fruit cups, yogurts and some good "snack boxes" with hard boiled eggs, fruit and the like. As far as a drink, iced tea, hot tea, or maybe just iced coffee with soy or coconut milk.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    When you Google Starbucks the first result literally reads Starbucks Coffee Company. So I say order coffee. It's only as calorie filled as you make it. Add a pound 19 packs of sugar and a 30 second pour of creamer and you might as well of had a donut or three. Drink it black and you're as close to no calorie as you can get without actually drinking water.

She doesn't drink coffee.

Personally, I don't like Starbucks' regular coffees (and I love coffee), but their Americanos are fine. I wouldn't assume that a non-coffee drinker would like them, though.
  • Terryb99
    Terryb99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Non Fat Green Tea Latte, one of their off the menu items

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Listen, I have more important things to do than sit here and have a full blown argument on the internet with you. I came here to ask for suggestions of what to order. I thanked those who responded with actual information. The rest of you can take a hike.

I like you.

• RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    grab a bottle of water, or get them to pour you a large ice water and get them to drop a lemon wedge in it. IF you have to eat something... they have fairly healthy snacks... an herbal tea is good too... no too much caffeine... you can put a lid on it.. and just let it cool down...

IF your aim is to impress.. Grab a bottle of water.. then ask for a venti Mint tea with 2 bags... drink the water while the tea steeps... and the meeting progresses... then you can take the tea with you if the meeting is short .. and toss it in the nearest dumpster... OR you can put a lid on it and sip it sparingly until the meeting is over.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I love the refreshers they sell, 60 calories for a small and 90 for a medium I think. Not sure about sugar content but it can't bee that bad. They have berry and orange flavors.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I would have been really disappointed if a seemingly innocent thread didn't go downhill into a full-blown diary dissection and argument.
    Thanks for holding true to my expectations MFP!
  • anapestic
    anapestic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened passion fruit iced tea lemonade. So good. It's too early in the year for that here, but it's warm there, right?
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    They have new teas now. I really like the peach serenity. It has chamomile, so that might be a consideration. There are also sandwiches, salads, and other things in the cold case. I'd check that space out. Another option is the oatmeal. They do blueberry and regular.

I worked there for a few months and I don't drink coffee either! :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Well..good luck. I'm sure with that attitude you'll be sure to land the client!

:+1:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Listen, I have more important things to do than sit here and have a full blown argument on the internet with you. I came here to ask for suggestions of what to order. I thanked those who responded with actual information. The rest of you can take a hike.

I like you.

Do you normally find yourself drawn to the hostile ones or is she just the exception?
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

It's unfortunate that concern for your health is met with such animosity. Good luck with your appointment, you got a lot of great suggestions in terms of what foods you can eat. Hopefully it all goes well with the client.

I would like to extend you some encouragement here in terms of listening to the advice about cals. Please make sure to adequately fuel your endurance training machine. No one wants to see you crash and burn. (Though, the hostility could cause people to stop caring).

It is generally accepted that your body needs a certain amount of calories to be able to function without injuring yourself. Perhaps you were not opening that debate when asking what to eat at Starbucks... but really, perhaps it's something worth considering - ESPECIALLY if you are training for something so intense.

Just my 2 cents.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I prefer:

T0438---Starlord-Coffee_large.jpg?v=1415393037
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    There's sugar in the syrup, but if your location still has the iced peach green tea refresher, it's delicious! Also some Starbucks sell the naturally flavored waters, and granola bars, dried fruit packets, etc. You'll get through this Starbucks visit just fine. :)
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    There's sugar in the syrup, but if your location still has the iced peach green tea refresher, it's delicious! Also some Starbucks sell the naturally flavored waters, and granola bars, dried fruit packets, etc. You'll get through this Starbucks visit just fine. :)

Wait.

What's wrong with sugar?