PSA NO BODY SHAMING

Options
Scrolling through my news feed today I came across someone making fun of another person's weight. Saying that the buzzards were going to be following them to their car because they are so skinny. I cannot and will not condone any type of body shaming. It doesn't matter if the person is fat or if they are skinny. Making fun of someone's body or looks at the expense of a joke is deplorable behavior and should have no place on this website. We have no idea what struggles people go through behind closed doors. We should be uplifting people not judging or making fun of them. I hope I am not the only one on here who feels this way. Please stand up for what you believe in even if that means people then turning and making fun of you which is what they did to me for speaking my mind.

Replies

• jenfigmar
    jenfigmar Posts: 40
    Options
    As I said to you before, if the roles where reversed and the skinny girl says something like, "the woman that exercised next at the gym today was so fat that the machine was crying for help." Then everybody would flip *kitten*. The double standards. I did not participated in the conversation because it is not worth it. They wont change their mind, so I will waste my time typing for them. You are not the only one. Keep up the positive support.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Making fun of someone's body or looks at the expense of a joke is deplorable behavior and should have no place on this website. We have no idea what struggles people go through behind closed doors.

Agree. Well stated.

• letitbe8807
    letitbe8807 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much Jen for your support. Your message while these people turned the guns at me helped!