Looking for healthy low cal Crock pot recipes?

Options

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Oh, and it had two large sweet potatoes chopped into it too. Ridiculous. He has very good luck with the throw together and cross my fingers method.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    There's some redundancy, but also a few recipes and good links in this thread --> http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10059635

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    th eeasiest one I know: put chicken breast and salsa in crock pot, cook low for 8 hours, shred chicken when done (can also put beans in too), tastes kinda like fajita chicken so you can put it on a salad, in a tortilla, on rice, or however you want to serve it. Top with cheese, sourcream, or whatever else yummy thing you can think of.

• eseeton
    eseeton Posts: 80 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My all-time favorite crockpot recipe is these beef carnitas. Shred them and throw them in some corn tortillas with a squeeze of lime, a spoonful of pico de gallo, and avocado slices.... OMG DELISH!

Pretty healthy dinner if you pack on the veggies in the tacos. And I guaratee the hubs and kiddos with LOVE them.

http://www.eatliverun.com/crock-pot-beef-carnitas-tacos/
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
    29K+
    • PREP 15 mins
    • COOK 7 hrs
    • READY IN 7 hrs 15 mins

Original recipe makes 8 Servings
    • 1 onion, chopped
    • 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans
    • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
    • 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
    • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
    • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
    • 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
    • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
    • 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    • shredded Cheddar cheese(optional)
    • sour cream (optional)
    • crushed tortilla chips(optional)
    Directions
    1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
    2. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.

• RoxieDawn
    Options

Chili-Mac

Weight Watchers Recipe

Ratings (35)
    7PointsPlus Value
    Prep time: 20 min
    Cook time: 25 min
    Other time: 0 min
    Serves: 8
    Adults will love how easy this chili-based meal is to prepare. Both kids and adults will love its taste.
    Ingredients
    1 spray(s) cooking spray
    10 2/3 oz uncooked 95% lean ground beef
    2 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
    29 oz canned stewed tomatoes, Mexican-style
    2 1/2 cup(s) canned tomato juice
    4 oz canned green chili peppers, diced, drained
    2 tsp chili powder
    1 1/2 serving(s) uncooked macaroni, elbow
    31 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
    1/4 cup(s) low fat shredded cheddar cheese
    Instructions
    Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until meat is browned, about 10 minutes; drain off fat.
    Stir in stewed tomatoes including juice, tomato juice, chili peppers and chili powder. Bring mixture to a boil.
    Stir in macaroni and beans; return to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes. Spoon chili into bowls and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 cup of chili and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cheese per serving.

• RoxieDawn
    Options
    Three Bean and Pork Slow Cooker Chili

Weight Watchers Recipe

Ratings (34)
    6PointsPlus Value
    Prep time: 35 min
    Cook time: 480 min
    Serves: 10
    Chunks of pork tenderloin make this chili especially robust. Spicy peppers further enhance the flavour.
    Ingredients
    1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
    2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
    1 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), chopped
    1 Tbsp chili powder, medium-hot
    1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
    1 small jalapeño pepper(s), seeded and chopped or 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
    1/2 tsp table salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
    2 pound(s) uncooked lean pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch chunks
    15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
    15 oz canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    15 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
    1 cup(s) canned tomato puree
    29 oz canned diced tomatoes, with green pepper, celery and onion, undrained
    6 oz canned tomato paste
    Instructions
    Combine onion, garlic, carrots, chili powder, oregano, chilies, salt and pepper in a 5-quart (or larger) slow cooker. Stir. Add remaining ingredients. Stir again.
    Cover and cook at HIGH setting for 6 to 8 hours. Yields about 1 cup per serving. (Note: Start the chili at a HIGH setting so the ingredients quickly reach a safe temperature. You can reduce the heat to LOW after 3 to 4 hours, if you prefer.)

• RoxieDawn
    Options
    White Bean and Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Chipotle Chili

Weight Watchers Recipe

Ratings (14)
    7PointsPlus Value
    Prep time: 18 min
    Cook time: 250 min
    Serves: 8
    This slightly spiced white chili is the perfect freezer staple to have on hand for too-busy-to-cook-nights.
    Ingredients
    1 spray(s) cooking spray
    2 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
    1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
    2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), chopped
    32 oz fat free chicken broth
    1 tsp cumin seeds
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp chili powder, chipotle variety
    30 oz canned white beans, rinsed and drained
    3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
    1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, coarsely chopped, plus extra for garnish
    Instructions
    Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook ground turkey, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until turkey is browned, about 10 minutes; drain off fat.
    Add turkey mixture and remaining ingredients to a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting for at least 4 hours. Yields about 1 cup per serving. (For additional colour, top with extra freshly chopped cilantro just before serving. Note: If the chili is too thick after it’s been frozen and then defrosted, add extra broth and then reheat to achieve desired consistency.)
    Notes
    For additional colour, top with extra freshly chopped cilantro just before serving.

If the chili is too thick after it’s been frozen and then defrosted, add extra broth and then reheat to achieve desired consistency.

• RoxieDawn
    Options
    Not exactly low calorie this an all of these I posted are 5 stars

Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken

Serves 4

Ingredients
    6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
    Salt and pepper
    1/2 cup diced onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 cup honey (cut the honey in 1/2 to save calories )
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    4 teaspoons cornstarch
    1/3 cup water
    2 packets minute rice, optional (use brown)
    1/2 tablespoon (or more) sesame seeds
    3 scallions, chopped

Directions
    Place chicken in Crock Pot and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
    In a medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oil and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
    Remove chicken to a cutting board, leaving sauce. Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Prepare rice according to package instructions.
    In a small bowl, dissolve 4 teaspoons cornstarch in 1/3 cup water; add to crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Cover and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes, or until slightly thickened.
    Add cooked rice to 4 plates, top with chicken and spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    epawelek wrote: »
    My all-time favorite crockpot recipe is these beef carnitas. Shred them and throw them in some corn tortillas with a squeeze of lime, a spoonful of pico de gallo, and avocado slices.... OMG DELISH!

Pretty healthy dinner if you pack on the veggies in the tacos. And I guaratee the hubs and kiddos with LOVE them.

This is happening.
  • RoxieDawn
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is yummy too... I have TONS of these, all of these have been tried several times and even double recipes for left overs or freezing..

This one is a casserole and really yummy...

Mama Mia Vegetable Pie

Serves: 6
    Ingredients
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 item(s) (medium) uncooked bell pepper(s), chopped
    1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
    1/2 cup(s) portobello mushroom(s), chopped (equivalent to 1 medium mushroom)
    12 oz canned tomato sauce
    6 oz chicken (substitute for tofu). Dice or crumble the chicken in to small bites
    2 cup(s) cooked spaghetti
    3/4 cup(s) (shredded) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Instructions
    Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper, onion and mushroom; sauté until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and tofu; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer mixture, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
    Meanwhile, coat a 9-inch-deep pie plate with cooking spray. Arrange spaghetti in bottom and up sides of pie plate. Pour tofu mixture over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese.
    Bake for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into 6 pieces.

• RoxieDawn
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Last one...

Slow Cooker Barbecue Chipotle Beef
    Servings: 12
    Serving Size: 4 oz
    Depending on your ingredients: Nutritional Info: 155.3 calories, 4.7 g of fat, 8.9 g of carbohydrates, 1.3 g of fiber 26.1 g of protein

Ingredients
    3 lbs beef eye round or bottom round roast, all fat trimmed
    2 cups of barbecue sauce (mine has 20 calories per 2 tbsp)
    1/2 cup blended chipotles

Instructions
    1. Stir the barbecue sauce and chipotle together to create the sauce.
    2. Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper and add to the crockpot. Pour the sauce over the beef.
    3. Cook for 6 hours. Shred with a fork and cook an additional 10-20 minutes to let the sauce thicken up. Enjoy!
  • freechewy
    freechewy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love my crockpot, I use it several times a week. Especially for sweet potatos, chicken and lean pork roast. Here is a good site if someone hasn't already suggested it: http://skinnyms.com/top-10-slow-cooker-recipes-on-skinny-ms/
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I love chicken taco chili Makes 6 servings for 322 cals w/o toppings

1 can each kidney beans, black beans, corn drained (can use frozen corn)
    2 cans dices tomatoes
    1 diced onion
    1 taco season packet
    1tbsp chili powder
    salt and pepper to taste
    three chicken breast

stir all ingredients but chicken together. Place chicken on top. Cook on low for 8 hours.
    Shred chicken with forks stir together and serve.

Could add:
    1 or 2 4oz can green chilies if you want a little spice
    diced bell pepper

Can top with cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions or crushed tortilla chips depending on calorie goal.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    Not exactly low calorie this an all of these I posted are 5 stars

Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken

Serves 4

Ingredients
    6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
    Salt and pepper
    1/2 cup diced onion
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 cup honey (cut the honey in 1/2 to save calories )
    1/4 cup ketchup
    1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    4 teaspoons cornstarch
    1/3 cup water
    2 packets minute rice, optional (use brown)
    1/2 tablespoon (or more) sesame seeds
    3 scallions, chopped

Directions
    Place chicken in Crock Pot and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
    In a medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oil and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
    Remove chicken to a cutting board, leaving sauce. Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Prepare rice according to package instructions.
    In a small bowl, dissolve 4 teaspoons cornstarch in 1/3 cup water; add to crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Cover and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes, or until slightly thickened.
    Add cooked rice to 4 plates, top with chicken and spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.

I totally just printed this!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I love these threads!! I'll be back to share and gather a bit later. ;)
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    [/quote]

I totally just printed this![/quote]

I was hoping that I could help just one person today!!!! Thanks and enjoy this one.

I prepared this this week and yummy is not a good enough word!

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I love chicken taco chili Makes 6 servings for 322 cals w/o toppings

1 can each kidney beans, black beans, corn drained (can use frozen corn)
    2 cans dices tomatoes
    1 diced onion
    1 taco season packet
    1tbsp chili powder
    salt and pepper to taste
    three chicken breast

stir all ingredients but chicken together. Place chicken on top. Cook on low for 8 hours.
    Shred chicken with forks stir together and serve.

Could add:
    1 or 2 4oz can green chilies if you want a little spice
    diced bell pepper

Can top with cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions or crushed tortilla chips depending on calorie goal.

Definitely something I'd try... simple and tasty sounding! I really need to pull out my recipe for homemade Taco Seasoning. Be nice to have it on hand and much less sodium.

Thanks for the share :)
  • daniellejoan32
    daniellejoan32 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I have tons of these. I use the crockpot 1 time a week or I make casseroles. It is cheaper and better to cook in bulk I think.

I have Chili Mac, Three Bean Chili, Pork Tenderloin, Chicken & Brocolli, and sooooo many more. I can email them to any one that wants them. I have emailed them to several members already. If you can open them in word they are yours..

Just send me a message with an email and I will shoot them out..

Umm yess! Please do send recipes to daniellejoan32@gmail.com
    Thanks in advance
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    epawelek wrote: »

This is happening.

One of my favorites too!