Enrolments are Open for the Next Hogwarts Weight-Loss Challenge

Options

Replies

• scastle091314
    scastle091314 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Super stoked about this! I love HP, and will make healthier choices and losing weight more fun!
  • queenofknots
    queenofknots Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome - I recently came back to MFP (needed a fresh start and a fresh username) and my first day back on the forums I find this! Hoping I get accepted into Hufflepuff :)
  • newdaynewdawnnewme1
    newdaynewdawnnewme1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just placed my application...here's hoping I get in! Love love HP! We actually ran a Hogwarts Summer camp for kids for many years!
  • AlexisMichele93
    AlexisMichele93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've also applied for Ravenclaw! I'm certainly a geek for all things Harry Potter but even more so than that I'm a total nerd. Lol I read scientific journal articles and research studies for fun as I work towards my biochemistry degree. Isn't that sad haha :)

Not sad at all, it's awesome! I'm all about researching outer space :P

I actually want to be an astrobiologist!! So I am all about the universe, especially extrasolar planets. I'm studying under an astronomist locally and will go for an astrobiology degree in 2016. How neat :) I'm sure you're a super cool person!
  • AlexisMichele93
    AlexisMichele93 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I spent Christmas break in Orlando checking out all the new Harry Potter rides. If I ever figure out how to post pics I may share some of the neater shots I got of Howarts and such. Happy geeking out to all of you and great luck on both your acceptance into the challenge and your weight loss!
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    This is super cool! We get a chance to be in one of the houses :p This is very exciting! I hope everyone is happy
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    This is so amazing! I just applied :D The only thing is, although I'm losing, I don't have much to lose so I'm going slow... not sure how much glory I can bring my team in that respect :/ But I am OBSESSED with Harry Potter, so this is like my dream challenge!

Yours truly...
    tpdxaw2kqnsa.jpg

• stracenator92
    stracenator92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well I just applied. Need something to keep me motivated after I'm no longer a college athlete.
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I applied yesterday. Hope I get in as I am a total fan

9b6ro5l1sl8b.jpg
    HP.jpg 65.7K
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Loving the cosplay guys!!!
  • scastle091314
    scastle091314 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    how long does it take to get an owl back for either yes or no? i really hope i get in because I need a challenge and i like that you state there will be actual challenges to do. i hope I get in!
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome!!! Pure happiness! Application done! :smiley:
  • kickingpounds
    kickingpounds Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I applied. Eek I hope I get in ;)
  • sugardetox
    sugardetox Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    peejaygee1 wrote: »
    sugardetox wrote: »
    Is there a way to be notified of a future term? I can't really be actively trying to lose weight now but now that I will be in about 7 more months! This is right up my alley :smiley:

We do have a maintenance category if you would prefer to join under that?

I would but I'm pregnant so I'm pretty sure that unless you have a weight gain category my classmates would have me!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Please, me? I may or may not have a Hermione Granger wand hanging over the door to my office. There is possibly an ink well and wax sealing set directly from Diagon Alley on my desk.
  • XWhitneysWorldX
    XWhitneysWorldX Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    im in
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    This is like the nerdiest thing I've ever seen. And yet, some part of me kinda wants to join it.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    waitlisted for slytherin. poop. im jealous of all of you guys!
  • ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Applied, hope I get picked! I solemnly swear I am up to do good, and will check in every week.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    waitlisted for slytherin. poop. im jealous of all of you guys!

Waitlisters do get brought in, so don't lose hope.