Snack ideas!

Options
i need some snack ideas! Running out of them!! 1200cals a day still have 150 left!

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips. Literally just found them in the vending machine at work. 90 calories for the vending machine size bag.

I also like fiber bars when I want something sweet, which are also 90 calories.

Raw fruits and veggies are always good, too.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Nuts are good, protein and good fat. High in calories though, so 150 calories adds up quickly. Nuts are also good for helping with satiety.
  • ammons4742
    Options
    Half a apple with peanut butter is a good snak and filling too. 1/2 A fruit and tlbs. Of protein. And taste great too!
  • sigalsirkin
    sigalsirkin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Vegis and hummu dip
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    mini bell peppers with low cal dip. (you can take low fat sour cream and mix it with french onion soup mix)
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    ammons4742 wrote: »
    Half a apple with peanut butter is a good snak and filling too. 1/2 A fruit and tlbs. Of protein. And taste great too!

Genuinely curious why you would only eat half an apple?
  • jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Things like 90 calorie bags of chips or cookies aren't really a great snack option. They have no good nutritional value and will leave you hungry. Don't get me wrong, I indulge once and a while, but I would stick to some fruits/vegetables with a protein. You could also make your own granola bars and control the sugar that goes in it.
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Raw bliss balls are fantastic- low sugar high protein and full of good fats so they really fill you up. Personally I use almonds, cacao powder, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seed and pitted dates. They are around the 150 calorie mark depending on size. Plus they taste amazing so you feel satisfied.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    For 150 calories you could have 4 clementines (Halos, Cuties, mandarin oranges, tangerines = 35-40 cal. ea.) or 3 light string cheese sticks (50 cal. ea.) or some combination thereof.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    String cheese (some are 50 calories), Cucumbers with a salad dressing or hummus, a low calorie ice cream like Edy's or Turkey Hill, 1 tablespoon peanut butter & an apple, banana & 1 tablespoon peanut butter, square of dark chocolate.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my favorite snack ideas:

-1/4 cup of nuts (I go for the raw,unsalted ones to keep sodium down)
    -An apple, banana, or pear with a Tbsp. of peanut or almond butter
    - A couple cups of plain or lightly sea-salted air popped popcorn
    - A greek yogurt with granola or almonds mixed in
    - Cottage cheese with fresh fruit
    - Protein bar (Quest Bars are my all time favorite! 20+ grams protein and very low sugar/carb)
    - Carrot sticks, celery sticks, baby tomatoes, sugar snap peas, broccoli, cauliflower, or pepper slices dipped in a couple Tbsp. of hummus
    - Celery sticks with 2 Tbsp. almond or peanut butter
    - A slice of whole wheat bread with 1 Tbsp. peanut or almond butter
    - 1/2 c- 1 c cereal with almond or 2% milk (go for a cereal high in fiber and low in sugar)
    - A serving of whole wheat crackers and hummus or guacamole
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    1 Pint Arctic Zero chocolate ice cream = 150 calories
    2 Atkins Chocolate Peanutbutter cups = 160 calories
  • NYBalbowa
    NYBalbowa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Quest bars, almonds,peanuts, cashews, Kashi bars. Greek yogurt with peanut butter and stevia.
  • emilyduckworth328
    Options

Lots of sugar!
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Kind bars
    Pistachios
    Turkey roll up with avocado & cream cheese
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

The OP only has 150 calories left. Probably making suggestions that would fit, if you want to add a little peanut butter as well.
  • dajahfrank
    dajahfrank Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kandell wrote: »
    Special K cracker chips. Literally just found them in the vending machine at work. 90 calories for the vending machine size bag.

I also like fiber bars when I want something sweet, which are also 90 calories.

Raw fruits and veggies are always good, too.

I like fiber one bars as well they really help and the raw fruits and veggies are always good
  • hancy_caceres
    hancy_caceres Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you evrryone!!! I wrote everything down!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »
    1 Pint Arctic Zero chocolate ice cream = 150 calories
    2 Atkins Chocolate Peanutbutter cups = 160 calories

http://www.leanitup.com/misleading-diet-ice-cream-labels/

Supposedly it has a lot more calories than it claims & tastes like cardboard.