Ladies! Beer question.

Options
13»

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I was never a beer drinker til fairly recently. I like the "pop" kind of beers like Corona. But then I had some wheat beers in Germany and they were super good so I guess I like those too. Nothing's better than a cold beer on a hot day or after skating.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    This is my kind of topic. I love beer. I prefer craft beers when possible. I'm totally down with the person who said go to a local craft brewery! Most have tasting rooms where you can taste beers for free. My favorite beers tend to be on the wild side. I love saisons like Brooklyn's Sorachi Ace. You can't really go wrong with any of Brooklyn brewery's beers. Their brew master actually won a James Beard last year.

If you like wheaty, sweeter beers go with a hefeweizen. These will also be a bit spicier with like cloves and stuff in them. Good summer beers. I like UFO by Harpoon.

If you like fruity drinks I recommend DogFish head's festina peche. It isn't sweet but it is very refreshing. Some people like 21st Amendments Hell or High Watermelon. Personally, i think it tastes like a beer jolly rancher. I did like He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A. Its a little lemony and a little wild and has a sweeter finish than I usually like but is super good.

If you are more of a dessert fan, try a beer like DuClaw's Sweet Baby Jesus. It is like a peanut butter cup in beer form. They also make a caramel coconut porter called Dirty Little Freak that isn't bad.

If you like heavier, filling drinks I love Yards Love Stout. Also, Brooklyn's Dry Irish Stout

Where are you located? Maybe I can recommend some good breweries.
  • ellinrock
    ellinrock Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Partial to Corona
  • musicismylover
    musicismylover Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am a big beer fan--of most types and especially the dark and bitter ;) If you're looking for something light or fruity I would second the Shandy recommendation which is typically a beer/lemonade combo. You can make them yourself or Leinenkugel makes a version. Not a huge fan of the Leine's but do love the Stiegl Radler, which is similar but with grapefruit, comes in a can and is great for summer. Ciders are super popular right now. Angry Orchard is a big cider brand with a lot of different fruit variations and I believe is pretty much available anywhere. All of these I think are best cold. Have fun!
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel you should like beer?

I hate beer. It is nasty. I've tried many different kinds and brands. Hate them all. The only one I could ever choke down was a Corona with an entire lime squeezed into it.

Give me a nice sweet wine, or a mixed drink, any day. :)
  • courtneybrooke27
    courtneybrooke27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love a few different beers! If you're from Canada, Moosehead (or Cracked Canoe which is it's lighter version) is great.. I also love Heineken, Grolsch, Old Milaukee, Hefeweizens, Stella, Shock Top.. just to name a few! haha. I love going to the beer store and picking out a ton of different singles, just to have a taste of something new : )
  • Organicgasm
    Organicgasm Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Locally brewed craft beers. You can usually find something tailored to a more local taste that way. I do prefer Vanilla or Spiced beers. Like V.I.P.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    ThomasW13 wrote: »
    Left Hand's Milk stout nitro. best ever

^^^ ohhh and this!! Freaking LOVE this!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    This isn't a fair question for me because I LOVE BEER. All of it. Even the strong stuff.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    The only beer I don't care for is Miller Light and Stellas
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Not a big fan of beer, BUT, if I do drink it, it has to be ice cold draft.