Weakness

Options
i just ate two double decker tacos from Taco Bell. I'm under my calories but I have been eating healthy. I feel like *kitten* right now. Ugh. Why do I do this to myself?!

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with taco bell.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem....
  • ashmarie529
    ashmarie529 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It happens, the guilty feeling well lessen as you stick to your goals the next few days... I ate a chicken quesadilla and then I was super mad at myself because I ate like a 1/3 of my calories for the day in ten minutes.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

This, only replace it with a fast food place that serves tastier food because I doubt I'd like Taco Bell lol.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

I doubt I'd like Taco Bell lol.

If you've never had it, how do you know you don't like it then? LOL

I've never eaten at Chipotle, but I'm game to try it LOL
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Whats the problem? Has it given you food poisoning or do you have a poor relation with food where you feel bad if you eat any of what you percieve to be bad/ wicked/ naughty foods, even if its within your calorie allowance?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    i just ate two double decker tacos from Taco Bell. I'm under my calories but I have been eating healthy. I feel like *kitten* right now. Ugh. Why do I do this to myself?!

You're under your calories so bravo:). Don't focus so much on eating healthy or seeing foods as good or bad. Just keep on making good food choices & still allowing yourself to enjoy your favorite foods in moderation.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    From what you said, it sounds like you are still in your calorie goals, so don't beat yourself up! We all make choices we feel aren't the absolute best for us sometimes, but it's important to keep it in perspective. Balance is so important! If you don't treat yourself sometimes, you'll go crazy! Besides, it is just food. Your body doesn't go "Hey, that was Taco Bell" and automatically store it as fat or do something bad with it. Your body will break it down to it's basic nutrient forms of carbs, proteins, fats, etc. just like any other food you eat, and will use it and do what it needs to with it. Its hard, but try and trust your body. It needs fuel and even Taco Bell is fuel and will be utilized by your body for important functions!

Just try and relax, maybe make some hot tea or take a bath and call it a day :)
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Would it help to look at your daily average for the week? A lot of people bank calories during the week for the weekend, a special night out or a treat. If you're under for the day, it won't even raise your average. I understand feeling "weakness" if you departed from your intended plan, but sustainable plans have room for a little flexibility. Just be sure you enjoy it!
  • shontaelelward
    shontaelelward Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. My number 1 goal above weight loss is to have a nutrient rich diet - so that was the disappointment. In that sense I think Taco Bell falls very short. But for calorie counting only it was fine. But ever onward. A new day a new opportunity.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Having a day of eating out doesn't negate other days of eating more nutrient-dense food.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You probably feel bad (physically) because your body has been used to eating healthy. Trust me, I have definitely done this on occasion. I did this last week and drove thru mcdonalds after a night of drinking! Just pick yourself up, know that there will be slip ups and hey, you deserve to cheat every now and then! Remember....one bad meal wont make you fat, just like one good meal wont make you skinny. You got this girl! :)