Fifty plus (or so) support group

Options

Replies

• SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to see all of you being so strong! Having a hard time this week. My head knows all of the right things to do, but... Worst time of the day is, you guessed it, the evening. I don't know what happens, but I seem to start eating and can't stop. Errrrr!
  • Fozzyspotts
    Fozzyspotts Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Still accepting members? I keep trying this and losing some, then getting frustrated. I am at the 50 plus a bit end of the scale. Really could use some MFP buddies to keep me on track
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Fozzy!

I'm posting the link to the group again, just in case anybody's looking for it!

Fifty Plus (or so) Support Group
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Still accepting members? I keep trying this and losing some, then getting frustrated. I am at the 50 plus a bit end of the scale. Really could use some MFP buddies to keep me on track

Welcome !!
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    SuzyH wrote: »
    I'm so happy to see all of you being so strong! Having a hard time this week. My head knows all of the right things to do, but... Worst time of the day is, you guessed it, the evening. I don't know what happens, but I seem to start eating and can't stop. Errrrr!

What about "skinny" popcorn? 3.5 cups at 130 calories? Eat it while drinking a bottle of water. Or maybe , a fiber bar with a cup or 2 of almond milk? My new fav, light "silk" almond milk :) 40 calories a cup. :) Can still snack but fewer calories.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here, Fozzyspotts!
  • smithsonorozco1960
    smithsonorozco1960 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would like to join.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group smithsonorozco1960!
  • SuzyH
    Options

What about "skinny" popcorn? 3.5 cups at 130 calories? Eat it while drinking a bottle of water. Or maybe , a fiber bar with a cup or 2 of almond milk? My new fav, light "silk" almond milk :) 40 calories a cup. :) Can still snack but fewer calories.

Such good ideas! Thank you! I love popcorn and you can just put it in a paper bag with scotch tape to keep it closed!
  • SuzyH
    Options
    My strategy this evening is putting nail polish on!
  • 607sara
    607sara Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good idea Suzy H. Helps to keep the hand out of the popcorn. Lol
  • butbygrace206
    Options

Such good ideas! Thank you! I love popcorn and you can just put it in a paper bag with scotch tape to keep it closed!

I measure out my 3.5 cups and out the bag away. Another thing I thought of is Ocean Spray diet juice. It's awesome. 5 cal a cup. Yummy and satisfying.
  • Mick1127
    Mick1127 Posts: 451 Member
    Options

I've never tried that strategy. Probably shouldn't start now. :)
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    Mick1127 wrote: »

I've never tried that strategy. Probably shouldn't start now. :)

Ha ha ha , let us know if it work!
  • auntannette1
    auntannette1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My strategy is a glass of water on weekdays and promising myself it can turn into wine on weekends.
  • Mick1127
    Mick1127 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    We're about to leave on a 5 day trip to watch Monday's practice round of The Masters golf tournament. The trip will include 12 hours of driving there and 12 hours driving back home. I wonder how this will go with the delicious trail mix we make for trips like this as well as 5 days of eating in restaurants. I doubt I'll have the opportunity to weigh myself during this time so I will be in for a surprise when we get home. I'm hoping it's a pleasant surprise and I will not have gained more than a pound or two.
  • butbygrace206
    Options
    We're about to leave on a 5 day trip to watch Monday's practice round of The Masters golf tournament. The trip will include 12 hours of driving there and 12 hours driving back home. I wonder how this will go with the delicious trail mix we make for trips like this as well as 5 days of eating in restaurants. I doubt I'll have the opportunity to weigh myself during this time so I will be in for a surprise when we get home. I'm hoping it's a pleasant surprise and I will not have gained more than a pound or two.

Have a great time! I'm sure you'll do fine. Remember we are watching you Ha ha ha
  • scottA216
    scottA216 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me to the group, I can use any suport I can get. I am 52 and was at 348 Lbs in January. I have made it down to 301 almost to my intial goal of 298 by the end of April. The weight loss has gotten slower lately which makes it harder to stay motivated but as long as the number goes down on the scale each week instead of up I tell myself I am doing good. I have about another 75 Lbs to loose to get to my long term Goal of 225Lbs.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My strategy is a glass of water on weekdays and promising myself it can turn into wine on weekends.
    I like that strategy. :)
    Mick I hope you have a fantastic trip, enjoy the tournament and the time away. Have you been to a Master's tournament before or is this something to cross off your list of adventures?
    scottA216 wrote: »
    Please add me to the group, I can use any suport I can get. I am 52 and was at 348 Lbs in January. I have made it down to 301 almost to my intial goal of 298 by the end of April. The weight loss has gotten slower lately which makes it harder to stay motivated but as long as the number goes down on the scale each week instead of up I tell myself I am doing good. I have about another 75 Lbs to loose to get to my long term Goal of 225Lbs.
    Hello Scott and welcome to the group. Please don't loose heart on your journey, you are doing incredible. Ups and downs are to be expected, the important thing is to just moving forward. I have found the people, discussions, and challenges on MFP have helped motivate me. Check out the Fifty Plus (or so) Support Group and join in with the conversations when you feel comfortable.
  • PegJens
    PegJens Posts: 59 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Have a great time! I'm sure you'll do fine. Remember we are watching you Ha ha ha

Mick........Measure out your serving size on the trail mix before you leave! And hit a grocery store once or twice for some fruits and veggies! My husband hates when I make him stop but it always good to just walk around at a rest area for a while also. Good luck and have fun!