food to quell nausea?

Options
i have a severe headache and nausea. i know the best thing to do right now would be to sleep it off but i dont have TIME. i have a lot of homework and every second is precious. ive tried toast, water, and a granola bar and tylenol and none help. i need to get this under control asap so i can get going on all the homework i have. any suggestions welcome!!

Replies

• smcolton
    smcolton Posts: 78
    Options
    BRAT diet

Banana
    Rice
    Applesauce
    Toast
  • Thompsonic7
    Thompsonic7 Posts: 32
    Options
    ginger is meant to be good for nausea... I find anything too sweet makes it worse so maybe some plain toast?
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I always like rice - make it with chicken broth to get some good flavor without having to put butter, etc on it. It usually helps me. Avoid dairy today and for the next couple of days.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Ginger ale, saltine crackers, any hard candy you can suck on
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    for me it's peppermint tea! no matter what symptoms i have, i always have a cup (or 2...or 3....) i'm not sure if it's a psychological thing because hot drinks are comforting and it's something i know that has helped in the past, or if it's the actual medicinal properties peppermint is supposed to have, but it works for me.

i'm studying for finals righ now and it's what's stopping me from eating rubbish, and keeping me calm.

get well soon :flowerforyou:

edit: if you're unfamiliar with it, just had hot water to the teabag and leave the tea bag in - the stronger the better. don't add any milk, and some people like to sweeten with sugar or honey.
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I've heard ginger and eggs (the yoke included).
  • ridiculyss
    ridiculyss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate with you on the homework issue. >< yeesh! Had a fever for 4 days last week (still have the residual cough. I'm convinced this is walking pneumonia, which my brother had a month ago. ><), and am now struggling to finish up 3 papers that are overdue. It's terrible.

Ginger is definitely helpful in the case of nausea. Be that the actual plant or a can of ginger ale soda. I had seasickness deep sea fishing and the gentleman we were with had a supply of ginger that he kept on hand in case that happened. I took an average sliver of it and started to feel better shortly. Candied ginger can also help.
    I believe mint is also helpful in warding off a stomach ache.
    Pepto-bismol could help too.
    As for the headache, stretching your neck can be helpful in relieving tension. Here are some good ones. http://www.ergocise.com/neck.html

Good luck with your homework and feel better soon! :) I'm getting back to mine now too.. ><