100% Whole Grain Whole Wheat Bread

Options
2»

Replies

• donjtomasco
    donjtomasco Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Boy KSY1969, you must be the life of the party in your gym!!!! "There is so much wrong with this and your other posts..." Well, I think I was asking questions and passing on what I have been told to run by our group, and most of the MFP members are helpful and not condescending and as know it all as you. I was raised believing that no question is a bad one if you don't know the answer. I feel sorry for anyone in your life who is so ignorant as to say something that you think is so stupid and wrong, and belongs in April fools jokes, but I guess there are few to none of those less fortunate individuals (hopefully for them).

And Yes, I realize that are not precisely accurate. My post is about the effect of Whole Wheat Bread on us, and has nothing to do with the mechanical reliability of scales.

Wow, you are a piece of work. LOL. I think you just wanted to put me down since your comment was pretty much otherwise covered by others in a courteous membership adult fashion.

I guess you are having a bad day in your neck of the woods. So, I hope things get better for you. And for the sake of the MFP forum and posters, I hope you get better real soon, or else refrain from being derogatory and condescending just to attempt to make yourself feel better about your inadequacies.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Hornsby, thank you for your intelligent and helpful response. I appreciate it very much. :)
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Thank you forecaster and runnrchic.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've tried to cut back on breads because I think the calorie hit is too high for what I'm getting, but I don't cut them out altogether and 100% whole wheat is the only bread I buy for me. My diet is complete based on CI vs. CO. The only thing I'm consciously trying to minimize is HFCS, particularly in beverages.

Don, what type of O/U are you shooting in your profile picture? Trap shooting is big in our family. My 7th grader just shot his first 25!
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    Thanks lenny. The O/U is a Winchester.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    If you like bread, eat it. Just account for it.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    my daily 2 slices of bergen soya&linseed delivers 10g of essential fibre daily.
  • erinelizabeth882
    erinelizabeth882 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I eat Sara Lee Soft and Smooth 100% whole wheat, for toast in the mornings sometimes, or as a sandwhich once in a while.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I am not avoiding carbs, breads, or pasta. Losing weight anyways. My favourite bread for texture and taste are the rye's including pumpernickel.

Pumpernickel is the only thing I buy.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I am not avoiding carbs, breads, or pasta. Losing weight anyways. My favourite bread for texture and taste are the rye's including pumpernickel.

Pumpernickel is the only thing I buy.
    New best buddy!!!! I can't find a reliable supply here. I have a great breadmaker recipe, extra Caraway.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    If you don't have any dietary restrictions, go for it, eat whole wheat bread. :)
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    There are some great bread suggestions here. Thank you. I think I will need to find a bakery. Whole Foods probably has some good healthy options.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    There are some great bread suggestions here. Thank you. I think I will need to find a bakery. Whole Foods probably has some good healthy options.

Have you considered baking your own? I have an Oster, 2-lb. capacity and though the measuring, etc. has to be exact, after that point I literally just press a button and walk away. The taste of bagged bread (except direct from a bakery) just can't compare. IMO. We'll eat it with nothing on it at all and my husband always steals the heal fresh out of the breadmaker.

• donjtomasco
    Options
    Alas, I am not to good in the kitchen but am a hell of a griller.
  • Sunshine48205
    Sunshine48205 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When I avoided eating bread and pasta and other carbs I felt starved and eventually binged. I eat 1 toast a day and some pasta for lunch and I dont feel deprived and I'm losing weight. I dont suggest cutting those foods out they give you energy.
  • donjtomasco
    Options
    After being able to see his page, goals, rewards and photos, i can better see why KSY1969 is such an angry and bitter man. It does not excuse his childishly rude and adult narcissistic unprovoked rant on me. The poor guy must have a lot of hatred and resentments stored deep inside that just fester and then he explodes on any unsuspecting poster to try and put them down below the very low place where he must constantly live. So so sad.....