I had diet coke

Options
Is diet coke bad for my diet? I heard you gain more weight by drinking diet sodas... I had to full cups from subway of diet coke. I really regret it, and I feel like I just killed my diet.

Replies

• kerussll
    kerussll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There's no evidence that it makes you gain weight. Some speculation, but no real evidence. Pay attention to how you feel after you drink it. Do you crave sugar more? Bloat? If not, it's probably ok for you.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Nope, it is not bad for your diet. Some get gas from the artificial sweetener and some have trouble with caffeine, but those are the only problems with diet soda. Drink up!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? Relax...... No it's not bad.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    No. You are absolutely fine.
  • hex714
    hex714 Posts: 6
    Options
    Drink a diet Pepsi or mountain dew! They were born in the Carolinas. New Bern NC. I don't like coke products. Lol!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    diet coke has zero calories, how could it possible affect your diet????

the answer is no …

end thread/
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Unless it makes you crave sweets and you give in to the cravings and end up eating over maintenance, your fine.

I'll admit it's not the best habit, but I drink diet soda daily. Currently drinking diet MTN Dew.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Hmm I think I will go grab a diet pepsi right now.
  • BicepsAndBows
    BicepsAndBows Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    First of all, relax! You DID NOT kill your diet or any progress you've been making!
    Diet coke does not have any calories, so it will not effect your goals for the day. The artificial sweeteners in it are not great for you (can cause bloating, digestive issues, headaches, etc.), but like all things, are ok in moderation. The reason scientists and medical professionals believe diet soda leads to weight gain is this: when you drink the soda, it tastes sweet. When your body tastes that sweet sensation, it expects calories to come along with it. When it doesn't get those calories, this can confuse your body and cause it to send out increased hunger signals. This can then cause you to overeat, either then or later on. With that being said, if you drink the diet soda and go about the rest of your day as usual ad stay within your nutrition and calorie goals, the diet soda alone will not cause weight gain since it is zero calorie. Hope that made sense :)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
  • jmend036
    jmend036 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've heard that it opens up your appetite. So I've stopped to avoid that.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Did you put Barcardi in it? If not, then you did it wrong.

Wild Turkey.

FTFY.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    Is diet coke bad for my diet? I heard you gain more weight by drinking diet sodas... I had to full cups from subway of diet coke. I really regret it, and I feel like I just killed my diet.

I drink diet coke all the time ... I've lost 7 kg in 44 days. I don't think the diet coke has hindered my progress any.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,905 Member
    Options
    jmend036 wrote: »

It actually reduces my appetite. If I want something just a bit sweet in the evening, I'll have a glass of diet coke, and I'm good.

Better that than a big desert or something.

• saleetad
    saleetad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I drink strictly water... But I will have a diet dr. Pepper,which is only zero calories, or I'll add a crystal lite packet to my bottle water, which is only 5 calories
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Most people who think diet coke is bad either think all sodas are bad or think artificial sweeteners are bad. Some believe it triggers a hunger for more sweets.

But it has 0 calories so it's not going to kill your diet. If you like it and have no problem with it, drink it.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options

I've been drinking some sort of Diet Coke the entire two years I've been losing weight, sometimes daily. It's never impacted my losses. I just try to make sure that I'm also getting adequate water. :D

You'll be fine.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    jmend036 wrote: »

There's a reason that those with eating disorders survive on diet sodas and cigarettes. Both supress appetite for most people