Who has seen results from using this site?

Options

Replies

• bacn60s
    bacn60s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This will work for you. Stick with it.... and log in everyday.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    15 months in and this is the result:

58841349.png

MFP works if you work it properly. Get a food scale. Weigh and measure what you eat. Log diligently. eat back a good portion of your exercise calories.
  • NikkiShells81
    NikkiShells81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lost 61 lbs since I started using MFP in mid-October. Still a long way to go but it has been a life saver! One day at a time!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It's a tool. If not used properly it will lead to undesired results..

Read the user's manual and follow the directions....

YEAH... this!
  • MaggieTor3
    MaggieTor3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome and good luck! I've lost 39 pounds since I started a little more than a year ago. I'm pleased with that and still working on it.

There are 2 things I've found most useful here. One is the community support - you're talking to real people who are sometimes successful and sometimes not! I don't think any of us find what we're doing easy, whether it's losing weight, gaining weight or getting fitter. But we are working at it, and we are all trying, and we know that everybody here is doing the same thing and we help each other.

The second thing is the record keeping. I really didn't know how many calories I was eating, and I had no idea of how much sodium I was taking in. I used to have high blood pressure and took medication for it, and now my blood pressure is normal and I'm off the medication. That for me is the biggest victory and I'm proud and happy that I don't use salt in my food any more, and I'm enjoying my food more than I used to!

I won't give you any advice about what you're doing, except to keep coming here - log your food and exercise, and read other people's stories. Best of luck to you, whatever your goal is!
  • JuliaHaleFitness
    JuliaHaleFitness Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    betharin wrote: »
    You get out what you put in! It works if you put in the effort to make it work.
    EXACTLY! It's really about you. MFP is an awesome tool but you are the one that makes the decisions!
  • chrissyfitter
    chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    5.5 pounds down. Although I a just to my body. Like it might say I have 400 calories at the end of the day from exercise but I don't eat them. I found if I ate back even half I don't lose weight.
  • DKLI
    DKLI Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    56 pounds lost in 15 months.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Edging my way to 50lbs since November, so 5 months in.
  • aimsterrz
    aimsterrz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    betharin wrote: »
    You get out what you put in! It works if you put in the effort to make it work.

This is 110% truth. If you put in max effort you will get max results :)
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    62 lbs gone. Started in Jan 2013... has taken just over 2 years.
  • mirandadawn2
    mirandadawn2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    I have found that I used to obsess over quality over quantity. Now, I'm not saying that quality doesn't matter, it's important for your health. But weight loss is achieved through a calorie deficit. I have lost 27lbs so far, with 25lbs to go. I think this has also teached me how I will be maintaining (eating at TDEE). Good luck with your journey! :)

What is TDEE? I've seen it mentioned but am not sure of the abbreviation? ;)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    I have found that I used to obsess over quality over quantity. Now, I'm not saying that quality doesn't matter, it's important for your health. But weight loss is achieved through a calorie deficit. I have lost 27lbs so far, with 25lbs to go. I think this has also teached me how I will be maintaining (eating at TDEE). Good luck with your journey! :)

What is TDEE? I've seen it mentioned but am not sure of the abbreviation? ;)

@mirandadawn2
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    60lbs since I started in July last year. 60 more to go! It's a great tool, just be honest with yourself and buy a food scale!
  • cindy1385
    cindy1385 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am down 30 pds after 6 months. Love it
  • dliteb440
    dliteb440 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Those of you who have lost weight. Did you use the calories MFP calculated for you or did you decide on your own daily caloric limit?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    dliteb440 wrote: »
    Those of you who have lost weight. Did you use the calories MFP calculated for you or did you decide on your own daily caloric limit?

@dliteb440
    At first I just followed MFP. That lasted about a month. My husband gave me my first Fitbit and ever since I received it (although I've changed models a few times now), I have let my calories be adjusted based on what my Fitbit tracks.

If I end up being more active than my activity level setting on MFP (so burning more calories than MFP's estimation of what I might burn), I get a calorie adjustment added into my exercise diary. This adjustment lets me eat a bit more.

If I end up being less active than my activity level setting on MFP (so burning less calories than MFP's estimation of what I might burn), I get a negative calorie adjustment added into my exercise diary. This adjustment takes away calories from my budget so that I maintain whatever deficit I have set.

I have gone from losing calories with MFP set to Sedentary to almost always getting a positive adjustment with MFP set to Lightly Active. So essentially, I went from serious couch potato to a relatively active person.

TL;DR - I use MFP to give me the base number of calories I get to eat a day and eat my Fitbit calorie adjustment which is a combination of daily activity (only what's above MFP's estimate) and exercise.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    22lbs gone since Jan. 25th of this year. I can say without a doubt I couldn't have done it without MFP
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You know how on all those diet pill commercials the fine print says "results not typical?" There is none of that on this site! As long as you are honest with your logging (the good AND the bad!) you will see results. Eat at a deficit, WEIGH YOUR FOOD, and keep going! As long as you stay motivated, you will reach your goals.
  • dirtyflirty30
    dirtyflirty30 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    76 days in, 30.6 pounds lost. It works if you do!