what to do? I just eat too much all the time :'(

Options
What should I do if I ate too much (finished my calorie intake and much moreee) and it's just lunch time?
I also have a big holiday dinner...

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it, move on.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    start again tomorrow. life will happen. try not too go to crazy this evening. holidays can be stressful when your dieting but u can't stop living. plan a good workout tomorrow morning and u will feel better
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Just remember to log it. I regret not logging all my bad days because I'm starting to see a pattern in the ones I did log.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    You have a choice. You can exercise to counter some of the excess and eat responsibly at your holiday dinner (just because it's there dosnt mean you have to eat it), or you choose to take the day as a loss and eat since one day can't do much.

I think the big question is why are you not planning your food to ensure your success. This is one day and dosnt count for much, but if you don't choose take control in your every day life you will fail.
  • Shora1234
    Shora1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you... :) I'll do my best!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Shora1234 wrote: »
    What should I do if I ate too much (finished my calorie intake and much moreee) and it's just lunch time?

Log it all and then anlyse what you are eating, what was helpful and what maybe was less nutritious and less filling for the calories taken.

You will then need to figure out a strategy that enables you to spread your calories over the day.

Set yourself a realistic target.

It takes time and patience to get your eating habits right.
  • am1llion
    am1llion Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It may sound weird, but when I first decided to get serious about losing weight I drank nothing but water for a week or so. It totally reprogrammed my taste buds. Some things that I used to crave were simply too sweet or salty for me to fully enjoy. That helped me to embrace and appreciate the flavor of more natural and whole foods. Your start "binging" on the good stuff and enter the Guilt-Free eating zone. Good luck - you can do it!
  • never2bstopped
    edited April 2015
    Options
    am1llion wrote: »
    It may sound weird, but when I first decided to get serious about losing weight I drank nothing but water for a week or so. It totally reprogrammed my taste buds. Some things that I used to crave were simply too sweet or salty for me to fully enjoy. That helped me to embrace and appreciate the flavor of more natural and whole foods. Your start "binging" on the good stuff and enter the Guilt-Free eating zone. Good luck - you can do it!

Op please don't do this!!! This is dangerous and will more than likely end in binging on anything and everything you can get your hands on.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

NO
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options

agree with others. this is an extremely bad idea. just eat to what mfp tells you. good luck!
  • Shora1234
    Options
    Usually I do plan what I am going to eat but today its passover and I can't eat anything that I'm used to, and that's what confused me.
    I didn't really followed what I put in my (huge) mouth so I can't log it. Yet, next time I will. Ohhh!
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Op please don't do this!!! This is dangerous and will more than likely end in binging on anything and everything you can get your hands on.

Maybe she meant that just in terms of her drinking. I did the same. I stopped all the juice, soda etc. I hated water and had to get used to it and now I love it. I still ate but I drank a lot of water.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options

I have found my tastebuds have changed SOMEWHAT, though I never went on a week-long fast. I think they have just naturally changed since changing some of my habits. Now that I only drink soda on a very rare occasion, I find it difficult to drink. Same with McDonalds French Fries - I used to love them! Now, I find them much too salty and can only stand to eat half of a small serving.

What you did is dangerous and has no business being suggested on MFP.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The first question is whether you have a reasonable calorie target. Your diary is not open, but you are young and only have 12 lbs to lose--if you asked for 2 lb/week (which is far too aggressive) or possibly even 1 lb/week, depending on your height, MFP will give you 1200. You do not need to eat 1200 or anywhere close to that to lose weight. You'd be better off just figuring out how you want to eat in maintenance and then cutting 10-20% off of that.

If you do use the MFP calorie target, change it to 1 lb or .5 lbs, and remember that MFP doesn't include workouts, so you'd log workouts and get some additional calories (a lot of people cut these calories back some). We can give you more specific advise on this if you are interested and want to share your calorie target weight loss goal, height, and exercise.

Beyond that, logging and seeing how many calories you are eating (even if they bring you over) and what foods leave you hungry vs. not is a positive thing, even if at first you see that you are having a hard time sticking to the goal (assuming it's a reasonable goal, again). That's how the MFP tool teaches us. You will be able to adjust and reduce portions of things with lots of calories and increase portions of things with fewer or focus more on foods that you find are more satisfying. Experimentation is really helpful.
  • never2bstopped
    Options
    Usually I do plan what I am going to eat but today its passover and I can't eat anything that I'm used to, and that's what confused me.
    I didn't really followed what I put in my (huge) mouth so I can't log it. Yet, next time I will. Ohhh!

If it's just one day than in the long run it won't make a difference. You may see a gain over the next few days but it will mostly be water weight. Your loss for the week may be less than it would have been but nothing that will stop your overall progress.

You don't get skinny eating salad for a day, and you don't get fat indulging for a day. One day does nothing it is what you do the rest of the year that decides your progress.

You may want to get in some activity today just to help from going into a food coma, it helps me....
  • never2bstopped
    Options
    adamitri wrote: »

Maybe she meant that just in terms of her drinking. I did the same. I stopped all the juice, soda etc. I hated water and had to get used to it and now I love it. I still ate but I drank a lot of water.

I wish I could believe this is what she meant!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Oh, I didn't notice that.

Don't worry about it--you'll adjust to the rules after today, and enjoy the holiday dinner.
  • Shora1234
    Options
    Thank you :D
  • LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What caught my eye were the words "too much all the time" and you don't seem to know why. Instead of "just log it and move on" because it sounds like this is a continual issue, maybe you should think about eating as you have been, log for a few weeks, and then analyze it.

Do you eat to much because you are bored? Tired? Stressed? Depressed? Content? Didn't plan your meals and ate what ever you had around? Do you skip meals and then are "starving", causing you to overeat? Are there certain times of the day that you tend to want to eat and you aren't hungry at other times? Do you have cravings for certain foods (like peanut butter you can sub with some PB2 or chocolate and you can sub with dark chocolate?) that trigger overeating? Are you noticing that you tend to eat a lot after exercising?

Once you figure out your eating patterns you might have an easier time coming up with a plan to eat to fit your goals.
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

figure out what is causing you to eat so much... are you tired? stressed? eating too much sugar? or maybe you are using artificial sweeteners? for me I have a problem with over eating when I consume diet beverages that contain aspartame... diet coke, diet sprite, diet Snapple tea, clear America sparkling water... etc
    STAY AWAY FROM ASPARTAME IT IS HORRIBLE FOR EVERYONE!!! GOOGLE THE SIDE EFFECTS.