I'm going to stop logging

Hello MFP friends :)

I started using MFP 334 days ago. Unlike a lot of people who use this website, my goal was not to lose weight. I wanted to develop a better understanding of what I was putting into my body, learn more about fitness, and put on some healthy weight after a difficult time in my life that led my weight to drop to 115lbs (I am 5'8"). By the time I began using the app my weight was up to 124lbs, but I felt tired and I wasn't active.

Thanks to the MFP forums, I learned about Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I finally got off my butt and started moving! I also learned to read labels on the products I was purchasing, and to recognize what a proper portion size is. Thanks to these forums, I have learned A LOT.

I am at a point where I want to stop logging my food. I am 130lbs and I work out 6x per week. As someone who has struggled on and off with eating disorders for the better part of my life, I want to give my brain a break from counting calories. I'm not sure if I'll stop for a few days, weeks, months, or forever! I just know I need that break ;)

With that being said, I will still be on MFP daily! I enjoy reading about other people's successes, learning from the knowledge people have to share, etc. I expect I may lose some friends due to my diary being empty, so if you don't mind having a friend who does not log her food, but who works out and tracks activity through FitBit, please add me!

Wish me luck!

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    We're all sick of logging.

hpbig70tif.jpg

Seriously, I don't log half the time.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Good luck. It sounds like a good plan for you and your needs.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Good luck! I love Jillian so much. She has changed my life. I hope not logging work out for you.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    I would hope your friends would understand why you don't log. It definitely sounds like it is a good and healthy decision you are making. Kudos to you!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    I haven't logged since I've been in maintenance (16 months or so). The knowledge I gained tracking diligently for 9 months was enough. I weigh in once a week. So far, the fluctuations have been within 3-4lbs in either direction of my goal weight. That's fine by me.
  • tanyaL0L
    tanyaL0L Posts: 23 Member
    Good luck and way to go! Healthy and strong is the best way to be!
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    staceypunk wrote: »
    Good luck! I love Jillian so much. She has changed my life. I hope not logging work out for you.

Jillian Michaels is one of the best things I learned about through MFP. I knew who she was (I had seen The Biggest Loser) but I didn't know anything about her workout programs. I've completed 30 Day Shred and Ripped In 30 but I often just do a single workout from whichever one of her programs I feel like on a given day. This morning it was Level 1 of Six Week Six Pack!
  • andreamaym
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I haven't logged since I've been in maintenance (16 months or so). The knowledge I gained tracking diligently for 9 months was enough. I weigh in once a week. So far, the fluctuations have been within 3-4lbs in either direction of my goal weight. That's fine by me.

This is very encouraging - thank you! I searched through the forums before I posted this and a lot of people say they gained all sorts of weight after they stopped logging.
  • andreamaym
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    We're all sick of logging.

hpbig70tif.jpg

Seriously, I don't log half the time.

Love this :D