20 pounds in a month and a half

Options
Im trying to lose 20 pounds in a month and a half 50 pounds all together

Replies

• futuremommyt
    futuremommyt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That would be unhealthy. Say you're talking 20 lbs in 6 weeks, that would be 3 1/3 lbs a week. It's not healthy to lose more than 2 lbs a week, and that's when you have a lot to lose. You'll be starving yourself to try to lose 20 lbs in that time. 10 lbs, maybe...
  • horrorfan
    horrorfan Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    20 lbs in 45 days is about 3.4 lbs per week. That is a high goal. In the beginning, most people lose 2 lbs per week while bigger people (80+ lbs to lose) tend to drop a huge amount of weight when they first begin. I think 20 lbs in 45 days is possible, but I wouldn't set your heart on it. Maybe try 15 pounds in a month and a half. Still higher than the 2 lbs a week recommendation, but it is more realistic IMO.

Calorie deficit, exercise, and no cheating! You'll get there. Good luck
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That won't happen without eating at a very low amount, which is not sustainable, healthy, or recommended.

Aim for 1.5 pounds a week then drop to a pound once you hit your 20 pound goal (going by your ticker), and be patient. You didn't gain it in six weeks, so it won't come off that quickly.
  • NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the others. You are setting yourself up to fail. Aim for 2 pounds a week, 12 pounds. If you lose more, kudos. If you lose less.. You will lose more over time. "Little by little a little becomes a lot"
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Flagged for pro-ana.
  • NiqueKristan
    NiqueKristan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Flagged for pro-ana.
    That's a bit harsh. She never said she would starve herself, she is just aiming unrealistically high.

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Unless you're obese, it's not going to happen. Aim for a more sustainable goal.

I'm always curious though, so I'll ask. Why do you have a time limit?
  • tinabella91
    tinabella91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My doctor says im about 70 to 80 pounds over weight.. Im NOT going to starve my aelf im eating 6 times a day and exercising everyday
  • tinabella91
    tinabella91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am considered very obese