My First NSV!

Options
Itsjustme86
Itsjustme86 Posts: 116 Member
This is my first time posting here but I am so excited about this NSV! About 4 months ago I was diagnosed as diabetic (fasting BS over 400, A1C at 8.8 and in DKA) It was a really crappy time. This past week I had my A1C redone and it was 4.9! I have only lost about 25ish lbs in these 4 months but the changes I am making are clearly helping something!

Replies

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Huzzah! Does this mean you are no longer diabetic? Sorry, I don't understand the numbers!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!! That's a great NSV! Keep working to improve your health, and you will surely go into remission.
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    I will be diabetic forever, I am just a diabetic with very good control! I don't really understand the numbers either except that they were bad before and good now haha
  • diamondgirl50
    diamondgirl50 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How awesome is that?!! Great job!
  • loserwinner140
    loserwinner140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats on the NSV!!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • kashe69
    kashe69 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I also posted about my battle/journey with my diagnosis it's been about 6 months almost 75 pounds and medicine free. Keep it up!!
  • andygcc30
    andygcc30 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well done you keep up the good work.
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    kashe69 wrote: »
    I also posted about my battle/journey with my diagnosis it's been about 6 months almost 75 pounds and medicine free. Keep it up!!

Way to go on losing 75lbs and getting off meds! Thats amazing!

I only took oral meds for a few days before I was admitted for DKA but was able to stop insulin about 2 months after being discharged!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great new! I am always like hearing stories about people losing weight for health and not just for looks. Congratulations!
  • kgmcgee
    kgmcgee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Congrats! I have been on insulin for about 6 years now. 7 shots a day. My goal is to get off of the insulin in a year. 11 pounds down and 100+ to go!
  • Itsjustme86
    Options
    kgmcgee wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing! Congrats! I have been on insulin for about 6 years now. 7 shots a day. My goal is to get off of the insulin in a year. 11 pounds down and 100+ to go!

WTG! On your first 11lbs :) You can get off the insulin! Just keep going and never get discouraged!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!