May Walking Challenge - Get our butts in gear!

Options

Replies

• ladyjbg
    ladyjbg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Clocking up those steps on the trusty pedometer!!! This is getting to be addictive:smile: Up to 29 miles now and my legs haven't fallen off yet !
  • ladyjbg
    Options
    I want to join too! What a great idea.

I am starting late, but my goal for the rest of the month is to walk 15miles. It is low, but I push 2 kids (over 60lbs) while walking, that should count for something!

Today I walked 1.3 miles. 13.7 to go.
  • ladyjbg
    Options
    :smile:

I am starting late, but my goal for the rest of the month is to walk 15miles. It is low, but I push 2 kids (over 60lbs) while walking, that should count for something!

You bet pushing two kids counts for something - it all helps. Welcome aboard - you should make your target for the month if you average 1 mile a day - sounds easy when you break it down like that doesn't it?? Keep pushing
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Mary, just saw your post from a few days ago! Hope you're still enjoying your walks?
    Have fun everyone!
  • PoppyinBoulder
    Options
    My challenge to myself was to walk 1800 minutes in May. Two weeks in and I have over 1000 minutes so far, which is good, but best of all - I'm really enjoying it!!!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My legs were hurting all weekend (either from the dreadmill or Shred, not sure) so I stayed off the dreamill. I got in 70 minutes this morning.
    Sorry to hear you're sore again but glad to see you sticking to everything you challenged yourself with this month!
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options

I vote for double points :D
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    Saturday I got my walking in browsing one of my favorite stores plus a whole bunch of other exercise. I wanted to walk yesterday but just didn't get to it and really didn't push myself with all the activity I had on Saturday. Today, I'm still procrastinating and now it's storming so I don't want to go outside to get to the gym. Hopefully it will pass quickly as it's going on 8pm. Today really hasn't been an emotionally good day. I'm tired, PMSsy, Cranky and full or carbs and sugars I didn't need to eat. I know I'll feel better if I get out and move. I just don't want lightening to be my motivation to walk faster :bigsmile:
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    So the weather around here has been horrible - so much rain the past 2 months, I was hoping it was almost done when I set my goal. I had intention of getting out daily and walking our neighborhood daily. With all the rain and cold weather and cold symptoms, that has not happened yet this month. So at halfway through the month, I'm at 25 of goal of 100 miles - not too happy about this, so wanted to get there. No hope in site for this week (calling for rain until Saturday, one day break, then more rain - ugghhh!).
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    adding on another 40 minutes on the elliptical.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Have had a lot of things going on and hadn't done much lately, but started back again with 3.5 miles today! Better get walkin' if I'm gonna reach my goal this month.
  • exfatty89
    exfatty89 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i walked 45 mins today. i been walking for 8 days already around my block and i really love it. its hard at times because the weather here in seattle in crazy, but count me in :D
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    7.3 miles for me today! Enjoy your walking!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    70 minutes today!:happy:
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Another 1.5 miles in today!!!
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    2.2 miles down today
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Now I'm back on track, 4.2 miles today.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Added 3 miles today - long way to go for my goal...
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    So the weather around here has been horrible - so much rain the past 2 months, I was hoping it was almost done when I set my goal. I had intention of getting out daily and walking our neighborhood daily. With all the rain and cold weather and cold symptoms, that has not happened yet this month. So at halfway through the month, I'm at 25 of goal of 100 miles - not too happy about this, so wanted to get there. No hope in site for this week (calling for rain until Saturday, one day break, then more rain - ugghhh!).

Have you tried any of the 1 mile videos on youtube (posted on the 1st page very top) ? Those are a good way to get your walking in when stuck in doors because weather is being dumb!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Another 30 minutes today. :)