Am I still eating the right amount of calories?

Options
Okay, so awhile back I was told it would be good for me to eat 1615 calories and not eat exercise calories back. For awhile this worked. Now, though, I only lose 1 pound a month. When I last updated my weight, I was 133lb, but I have been weighing myself every day with the Libra weight manager app and tracking it. I always have waterweight. At the moment I am 135lb. There seems to be only one day that I weigh and I have a loss, and that is the day after menstruation ends.

I feel I should lose 2lb a month or so. 1lb is not satisfying. I am 163cm, my goal weight is at max 112lb. I mainly do walking as my main form of exercise, but I mean, only when I have to, and sometimes I will do a bit of zumba. I go to the salon once a week and do sweeping and things, as I am on an apprentice trial for 3 months, and my arms ache from that. I guess you can class me as sedentary.

So, please let me know how many calories to consume! Thank you!

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Enter your profile into MFP and eat to the calories recommended. Don't go by what someone told you unless it is a doctor or someone with established credibility - and even then be leary. Adjust calorie goal as needed.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Rather then have random people tell you want to do why not educate yourself so you know what to do and why you are doing it.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Okay, so awhile back I was told it would be good for me to eat 1615 calories and not eat exercise calories back. For awhile this worked. Now, though, I only lose 1 pound a month. When I last updated my weight, I was 133lb, but I have been weighing myself every day with the Libra weight manager app and tracking it. I always have waterweight. At the moment I am 135lb. There seems to be only one day that I weigh and I have a loss, and that is the day after menstruation ends.

I feel I should lose 2lb a month or so. 1lb is not satisfying. I am 163cm, my goal weight is at max 112lb. I mainly do walking as my main form of exercise, but I mean, only when I have to, and sometimes I will do a bit of zumba. I go to the salon once a week and do sweeping and things, as I am on an apprentice trial for 3 months, and my arms ache from that. I guess you can class me as sedentary.

You want to be 112lb at 5ft4?
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    You are already within a normal weight range 112 pounds will put you at the very low end of that. Why that number? You may be better off looking at a fitness program that may get you the 'Look' you want rather than concentrating on a specific weight number
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Here is a great read to bolster your working knowledge.
    http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I said at max, 112lb, but realistically I am aiming for 119lb :) I just feel I look better in the 8 stone range, but I agree, 112lb might be a bit too low! Someone I know told me that too. I'll stick with 119lb.
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

You want to be 112lb at 5ft4?

lol... really... sorry I don't mean to laugh... I'm 5'4'' and unless you have absolutely no muscle at all I don't think it is possible, well without looking extremely ill anyways... you should really set a realistic goal, and understand that the pounds on the scale aren't as important as your health... I currently weigh 135lbs and I do weights and cardio 4 to 5 days a week and I eat a fairly healthy diet... but if you insist on getting down to 112lbs then you are gonna have to do more than a little bit of walking and sweeping, I'm no expert but I don't believe that is a healthy weight for your height. Good luck to you.
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Try cutting 200 calories from your daily diet for abt a week, and see if there are any changes. It looks like the amount of calories you're eating right now are working to maintain your actual weight. Do you have any dietary needs you have to follow?
    Good Luck
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight it is necessary to reevaluate and adjust calorie intake down. I think MFP recommends doing it at every ten pounds lost.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my GW IS 110 but, I have paralyzed calf muscles and wear leg braces so I have to be on the low end of my healthy bmi because my legs can't handle much more. Though I would not recommend that for most ppl.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and my goal is 140. 119 is really low.
  • Castrofreak
    Castrofreak Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm only one inch shorter than 5'4 and I dont see anything wrong with 119. It all depends on your bone structure. I was 115 pounds and I looked healthy.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and my goal is 140. 119 is really low.

140? Why?

• gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    BUMP
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Although I do think 112 at 5"4 is low, 119 seems about right for someone of that height. I'm 5"6, 123 lbs and I do not look underweight.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    envy09 wrote: »
    Although I do think 112 at 5"4 is low, 119 seems about right for someone of that height. I'm 5"6, 123 lbs and I do not look underweight.

I think the same about 119lb. So what do you guys think? Ditch 1615 and just go by what MFP recommends?

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Cut down a little bit or increase exercise a bit. See if that makes a difference. But as you lose weight it's going to slow down, you can't really say ahead of time what is going to be the "right" weight for you, you'll just have to be patient, see what happens, and figure out for yourself what seems sustainable to you. That will vary by person because we're all different, carry weight differenty, have more or less muscle. If you do strength training you may find that you will be happy at a higher weight.
  • envy09
    Options
    I think it really depends on how many calories you're burning during exercise. Right now, your TDEE at sedentary is about 1,581 to 1,600 calories, which means you're eating pretty close to your TDEE. That means that if you were to eat 1615 calories a day, your only significant caloric deficit is going to come from your exercise, and it's going to be hard to get that - 500 a day (what you need to lose one pound a week) through exercise alone.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    MFP says for me to lose 0.5lb a week I should eat 1440 which I'm happy doing, I suppose :) I will cut down, and see if that makes a difference- it should I think.
  • envy09
    Options
    1440 sounds about right. Good luck!