Hello I'm new here

Hello, I have just got started today. I have been trying to lose weight for years and year by year I've actually gone up. I've tried Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Atkins and more. I lose a few pounds, then they come back, usually with a few friends.

I filled in my food intake today and was amazed that even though I thought I was eating healthily I will be over the limit by 600 calories. This may be getting to the root of the problem! ;)

I live in Hampshire, on the coast, with my husband. I'm looking forward to losing weight once and for all with MFP - wish me luck!

Replies

• shaz606
    shaz606 Posts: 13 Member
    Good Luck x
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Hey. I just moved from Rochester, NH. Good luck with your journey. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Here is a great link to get you started on all of the best information in one spot. It's a lot of reading but well worth it. Be sure to read each link! Good luck!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    feel free to add me & good luck on your journey.
  • Kez1903
    Kez1903 Posts: 1
    Hiya! My husband used this site a few years back and lost 2 stone and has maintained it. I'm now starting this week as I'm actually heavier, than ever even when I thought like u I was eating healthily . Wishing u luck. Feel free to add me xx
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Hey there, If you don't mind the task of logging everything...even the bits and bites, or the sugar and cream in your coffee, you will see results. After a while you will build up your own database and it won't take so long to log...The first time I went on here I lost 20 lbs, got pregnant and now trying to lose again. This is the only thing that works for me and keeps me accountable....Good Luck!!