need help in losing weight

Options
vikshithanaik
vikshithanaik Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2015 in Getting Started
Hey guys. I'm kinda new here. Hv tried lot of stuffs but eventually fail bcz of 1 or d other reason. Need an encouragement n liked minded person who s looking forward to lose weight. :)

Replies

• dalaicomma
    dalaicomma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also pretty new, and I've tried losing weight before and failed after 10 pounds or so. How much are you looking to lose? :)
  • vikshithanaik
    Options
    Well, thanks. N I wanna lose 10kgs. I keep checking stuffs on net. Not able to imply. When I was in college. it was easy. I recently finished ma coll n started workin. I find no time. I don get tym to workout. Not able to eat on time. I end up eating more. As I'll b starving for long. Since from d tym I hv started working am not able to take care of myself n gained few pounds. Dono how 2 manage.
  • vikshithanaik
    Options
    I need a frd. Also a motivation. Who can help me out to figure out where am I goin wrong. What sud I do.
  • Joker_CFH85
    Options
    You don't need to buy any products to lose weight. You don't need to exercise (though you should for the health benefits).
    The general consensus on MFP is to just count calories. This is certainly a good point to start at but, after a short while you should also focus on where those calories are coming from.
    I aim to get my calories from about 30% protein, 30% fat and 40% carbs. I personally avoid products marketed as "low fat" as they often have healthy fats removed and replaced with simple carbs.
    A simple step for me was to remove all drinks. Just water and protein shakes (I do a lot of training).
    If you don't train then nutrient timing isn't very important (or atleast it's still debated). Just try to avoid having much sugar at once and then besides that just try to eat as often as is practical.
    When buying food it's worth checking the calories per 100g. The lower this figure the more full you should feel with less calories.
  • vikshithanaik
    Options
    Thanks. Will keep a check. :)