Tell me, what's your secret? *rolls eyes*

Options

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    When people ask how I lost weight, I tell them I quite eating so darned much. That's about when their eyes glaze over.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I could tell them the truth but it wouldn't make them happy. So I tell them sex. LOTS of sex. They're still not happy, but their husbands are eager to help them try it out.

I like this.
  • SLLRunner
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    It's interesting some people will actually say "I'd do anything to lose this weight" and I say "really? how about eating less and getting more active?"

Then I'll get a blank stare and I could almost read the cloud bubble above their heads that says...Well let's not go overboard now. (Like there must be something else they can try). LOL....

b5d5133350ad1aab46b8986a08b73c7c.jpg

• eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    "Tell me your secret" is code for "help me achieve my goal the quickest, easiest, and most pain-free way possible"
  • gentryatkinson
    gentryatkinson Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    My favorite answer is: Hard work!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    abk1968 wrote: »
    lol I lost 14 pounds at the start of the year due to a flare up of Crohns disease and I got the "whats your secret question" when told the I had crohns they unbelievable say they wished they had it too !!!! guess they really dont know what it involves :)

If I could give it away would in a heart beat

My sister has Crohn's. It sucks. Good luck finding which foods your innards can tolerate. Part of the fun of Crohn's is that there is no "standard!" (I know some people who say gluten free has helped them...but my sis says bread is the only thing that really soothes her symptoms!)
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I just tell them to ask their mom.
  • HeySwoleSister
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    I just tell them to ask their mom.

Winner winner, chicken dinner. (within your calorie and macro goals, of course.)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I think the next time someone asks, I will say "You don't really want to know." And give a grimace.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    People never want to hear "Move more, eat less"... they lose interest quicker than saying that phrase.

Better answer?

giphy.gif

:laugh:

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    geotrice wrote: »
    The thing is, at least for me, the phrase "counting calories" puts this idea of a pencil and paper and a journal and lots of effort and work which may or may not pay off (because you know lots of food doesn't have labeled calories like produce and Reataurants) because that's how it was demonstrated in my schools as far back as 1999. MFP changed everything for me. The app in particular makes counting calories so easy and fast particularly with the barcode scanner. So I my head MFP is not counting calories (even though it is). When I'm asked, I tell people MFP. Their eyes don't glaze over, in fact they are super engaged and generally enthusiastic about the process.

What you write is so true. Thanks.
    The next time it comes up, I will tell the person that I use an app.

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    i get this. basically for 2 weeks when i lost 30kg. i guess it was noticeable then.

people would ask what i am doing and it did seem some were after something simple and specific like eating nothing but gherkins between 8am and 8pm while facing south in the AM and north in the PM.

But i would say i have been eating less and moving more. saying that i have been doing kick boxing for 8 months and going to the gym 4 months. so being active 5 out of the 7 days in a week.
  • HeySwoleSister
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    i get this. basically for 2 weeks when i lost 30kg. i guess it was noticeable then.

people would ask what i am doing and it did seem some were after something simple and specific like eating nothing but gherkins between 8am and 8pm while facing south in the AM and north in the PM.

But i would say i have been eating less and moving more. saying that i have been doing kick boxing for 8 months and going to the gym 4 months. so being active 5 out of the 7 days in a week.

But....that sounds like woooooork! And, honestly? Not much of a SECRET. So disappointing!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

But....that sounds like woooooork! And, honestly? Not much of a SECRET. So disappointing!

How dare he. The nerve of some people.
  • HeySwoleSister
    Options
    Afura wrote: »

I know, right. IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET HEALTHIER AND LOSE WEIGHT, PLEASE TO DO IT VIA MAJICKS? KTHXBAI!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I tell people I am on the ELF diet. "What's that" I Eat Less Food.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »

I know, right. IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET HEALTHIER AND LOSE WEIGHT, PLEASE TO DO IT VIA MAJICKS? KTHXBAI!

maybe i lied about exercise and eating less to throw people off my trail.

maybe i eat nothing but frozen mint peas to lose weight.
    aDw0GbO_460s.jpg