Crazy gym behavior you have witnessed

Options

Replies

• islander_2013
    islander_2013 Posts: 13,378 Member
    Options
    There's a guy who participates in the hot yoga at our gym wearing only some sort of diaper-like wrap thing. It does NOT cover the essentials. Bleeeecchhh....*shudder*

way to funnny
  • determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options
    A man with his hands down his keggs rummaging like he lost something... ( itching ) (I suppose they will get sweaty and itchy) while sitting on press bench... he then proceeded to touch everything and repeat the process :joy: it seemed to bother the older women... I just thought well that is why they supply cleaner for the equipment :joy:

also a mans jogging pants kept falling down.... quite amusing nothing wrong with looking.... and appreciating gravitys wicked ways :naughty::joy:

• islander_2013
    Options
    A man with his hands down his keggs rummaging like he lost something... ( itching ) (I suppose they will get sweaty and itchy) while sitting on press bench... he then proceeded to touch everything and repeat the process :joy: it seemed to bother the older women... I just thought well that is why they supply cleaner for the equipment :joy:

also a mans jogging pants kept falling down.... quite amusing nothing wrong with looking.... and appreciating gravitys wicked ways :naughty::joy:

the best yet..love u way of thinking >:)
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I love these stories, I work out at home....miss all the good stuff. >:)
  • determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options

oh and the one where I decided to go extremely fast on the treadmill and my face decided to meet the belt :joy: it was sooo painful but still makes me laugh... thank god I was the only one in the gym haha!

• dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    envy09 wrote: »
    At my gym there is this guy who comes in every Friday with blue jeans, boots and a cowboy hat on. He does is routine, tips his hat to the ladies and then swaggers off to do whatever it is gym cowboys do when they're not working out. He is, by far, the best part of my Friday afternoon workout.

We have a guy who comes in carharts with suspenders, a button down shirt and bow tie and work boots. he does the stair climber for 30 minutes while reading his bible.

maybe he is somehow related to your cowboy
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    A women dyeing her hair on the locker room
    I have seen a woman dying her hair in the locker room at my gym as well.

There is this guy that kind of looks like Donald Trump that comes and does the back machine and tricep press. He will do over 100 reps at a time and go between the two. Just those 2. And God forbid you try to use one of those machines while he's on the other.

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Saw a girl using the leg abduction machine backwards (pushing outwards while sitting backwards on the machine).

Saw another one doing squat/push down things on the assisted pull up machine. (feet where the knees go, and pressing with the legs).

• islander_2013
    Options

oh and the one where I decided to go extremely fast on the treadmill and my face decided to meet the belt :joy: it was sooo painful but still makes me laugh... thank god I was the only one in the gym haha!

ouch..hoep it never marked that beautiful face of urs
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Second, elderly ladies in the locker room all walking around as naked as can be - and then stopping to chat w/one another in the same nakedness. I mean, I'm a woman, but I have seen as much naked lady *kitten* as I ever want to see in that locker room. Yes, I realize I should be happy they are that comfortable in their bodies, etc. I personally think they just simply don't care and it's like a big *kitten* middle finger to everyone else. (But, that could just be my interpretation).

Pretty sure your interpretation is correct, though. But I guess it's better than being enormously self-conscious.

Not too long ago I saw a guy doing dumbbell squats on a bosu ball about six inches from a floor-to-ceiling mirror, right where he would sustain serious lacerations if he lost his balance for two seconds. I moved away.

• westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    Saw a girl using the leg abduction machine backwards (pushing outwards while sitting backwards on the machine).

Saw another one doing squat/push down things on the assisted pull up machine. (feet where the knees go, and pressing with the legs).

Actually, both of these are very normal things to do...sometimes people use equipment in an "alternate" way to target a muscle differently, or target a different muscle altogether. Both of these exercises are to work the glutes, and both work very well...

• Bugdude54
    Bugdude54 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    At my gym there is this guy who comes in every Friday with blue jeans, boots and a cowboy hat on. He does is routine, tips his hat to the ladies and then swaggers off to do whatever it is gym cowboys do when they're not working out. He is, by far, the best part of my Friday afternoon workout.

I must have that guys brother at my gym. Guy comes in every day at the same time. Jean shorts he made at home. Tank top and the same dirt's ball cap. He just walks around pausing with his hands on his hips and then continues walking. I've never seen him pickup anything.
  • EPK1071
    EPK1071 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Love the stories!!!
  • LeaMacdhai
    LeaMacdhai Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A guy was sleeping overnight at the 24-hour gym where I belonged. I caught him napping in the mats every morning for about 2 weeks. He would grab a weight and try to look like he was working out, but I could see him sleeping through the glass door before I walked in.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I fell off a treadmill once. That was probably funny.

This is one reason I don't want to try a treadmill. LOL

• mlina21
    mlina21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I used to be a janitor at a gym and you don't want to know the *kitten* I've seen.

I don't know about the men's locker room, but in the women's I would have to say that sometimes I wonder if the women are bigger pigs than the men are. Seen some nasty stuff in there. Hopefully you aren't still cleaning those rooms......my sympathies for what your eyes have seen and nose has smelled!
    A women dyeing her hair on the locker room and the one young lady who came in dressed in gold and black active wear including the matching cap and sunglasses at 5:30 in the morning.
    A women dyeing her hair on the locker room and the one young lady who came in dressed in gold and black active wear including the matching cap and sunglasses at 5:30 in the morning.

• mlina21
    mlina21 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hilarious....what about the outfit matching from head to toe couples lol and to top it off taking pictures of each other.
  • Bill8855
    Bill8855 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    Is this actually hot or odd?
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I saw a lady start a treadmill then stand behind it and lift 2lb weights while taking selfies. After 15 minutes or so she turned off the treadmill (never stepping on it mind you) and said.... I kid you not "bam!!! 30min of exercise in half the time." And walked off.

vlZVFmahBCFR6.gif
  • Bill8855
    Bill8855 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    Bugdude54 wrote: »

I must have that guys brother at my gym. Guy comes in every day at the same time. Jean shorts he made at home. Tank top and the same dirt's ball cap. He just walks around pausing with his hands on his hips and then continues walking. I've never seen him pickup anything.

This guy also hangs in my gym. Lol