Not Losing Inches Off Waist

Options
My waist is 38" and hasn't dropped in over a month. The pounds keep dropping, but I'm not slimming down. I'm not following any specific diet- I'm just at a calorie deficient & I watch what I eat & I exercise daily. Anyone know why I'm not losing inches?

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight, then it would have to be coming off from other places.

Unfortunately, we cannot do anything about where our inches are lost, so just keep at it, and you'll start losing from your desired area when your body so chooses.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yep, my thighs are half the size they used to be but I want my back to straighten out. It'll catch up in the end but you just can't direct where it's going to come from.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Congrats for stepping up and becoming active! Our bodies will active differently then we want or expect sometimes. I have a female on my team that was losing inches, but not losing weight. I told her that your body will cut fat where it needs to and not where you want it to. Staying consistent and reevaluating is also key. A month ago your diet and exercise program worked, but you need to change things up to continue your transformation.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you don't get to choose when your body drops inches from. It just does. Just know and trust that you are on a healthier path, and that with consistency and patience, you will get there :-)
  • classicalbk
    classicalbk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you measured over your belly button? I found my belly (at belly button) when down faster than my waist (narrowest bit) measurement.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    My waist is always the last to whittle - and the first to grow. C'est la vie. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    My waist is always the last to whittle - and the first to grow. C'est la vie. :)

Same, same. :cry:

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Have you measured over your belly button? I found my belly (at belly button) when down faster than my waist (narrowest bit) measurement.

This is a good suggestion. My belly button measurement is now finally decreasing but my waist is pretty much at a standstill. Definitely measure both places.