• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ryudori wrote: »
    alyhuggan wrote: »
    Walking out of the gym after a workout be like

y7gnkdcdgsnh.jpg

This. Lol. My gym is close enough to walk to and from...so I'm pumped up my entire walk home, then I eat a lot of food and crash.

Just walked back from a great back workout and read that while lying in bed with my food sitting next to me. Couldn't be closer to your comment if I tried :P
  • Cookiejo2270
    Cookiejo2270 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I always feel energized!
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It depends on the time of the day. If I do it in the morning, I have more energy. If I do it at night (like I usually do) I pass out soon after my shower.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Some people feel energized after a workout. Some people never do. I'm one of the one who never, ever does. From my perspective, it's hard to imagine someone feeling energetic after a workout, but I know it happens.
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Buzzing, it improves my mood exponentially.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Energetic, thirsty and hungry right after then a few hours later I'm tired, sore and wishing I could stay the rest of the day in bed.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Depends on the session. After a long run usually starving and in need of a sit down for a while. After a speed session usually pretty drained.

After a recovery session generally pretty relaxed and comfortable.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on the type of workout. After resistance and strength training and a session with trainer i feel like a hot shower and a nap. After a hike or elliptical first thing in the morning, it increases overall energy.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Awesome, because I pushed myself to do it.
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Just as it's not necessary to restrict whole food groups, only eat X, Y and Z at times A, B and C and so on -- and all the other micromanagerial bad advice we get about eating, in my opinion it's not necessary to absolutely kill yourself working out to see benefits, assuming your goal is a moderate calorie burn and overall improved health markers.

I guess if you're a competitive athlete there's a different standard, but I'm not one. Basically I try to break a sweat and feel like I've moved, but not completely exhaust myself.