Down 11 pounds!

Options
When I started this 4 weeks ago I was so discouraged and depressed. I weighed 283 lbs as a woman at 5'11 that is still a lot. I am down 11 lbs putting me 71 pounds from being out of the 200s. So far I have done it with very little exercise and monitoring what I eat closely. I have a wedding in May and I bought the dress at my max weight. So it has to fit. I have a few weeks for it to be altered but I am just so excited to see the scale moving in the opposite direction!

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • melissacurry04
    melissacurry04 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    great job!

Thank you!
  • amhameed88
    Options
    Congrats .. nice job ;)
  • cathrynw
    cathrynw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I'm just starting today and and going through posts for more motivations! This is exactly what I needed to see!!
  • ghettosaf
    ghettosaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! What kind of things have you been eating?
  • bluemaine1212
    bluemaine1212 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job! You got this! :)
  • melissacurry04
    Options
    ghettosaf wrote: »

Most anything I want but in way better moderation. I have also been checking how many calories something would be if I was considering something questionable. Then I decide if it is worth it. But most lunches have been deli turkey meat shaved on whole grain or wheat bread. Mostly lean meats not a lot of other carbs. If it is white other then meat I try to stay away from it. Also, this sounds crazy but I eat on a pretty close schedule and I eat before I'm hungry. Because I make way better decisions and by the time my body is like umm we might be hungry I'm already either eating or I just ate and it is settling in.
  • melissacurry04
    Options
    amhameed88 wrote: »
    Congrats .. nice job ;)

Thank you :)
  • melissacurry04
    Options
    cathrynw wrote: »
    Good for you!! I'm just starting today and and going through posts for more motivations! This is exactly what I needed to see!!

I'm very glad this helped you today. Congratulations on making the decision to get started. They always say the first step is the hardest. If I can give you any advice it is to not be too hard on yourself. Keep yourself accountable for what you have and haven't done but learn from each "bad day, junk eating day etc" then move on immediately. And stick with it! It took time for you to get where you are and it will take time to where you would like to be.
  • maisie981
    maisie981 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well done you!
    Just started this week and reading this makes me more positive x
  • cynshoe
    cynshoe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
    I plan to reach 8 lbs in 4 weeks. You are an inspiration!
  • melissacurry04
    Options
    Great job! You got this! :)

Thank you!
  • melissacurry04
    edited April 2015
    Options
    maisie981 wrote: »
    Well done you!
    Just started this week and reading this makes me more positive x

Thank you! That makes me very happy. And congratulations on deciding to start! You can do it. Keep your head up and just keep moving!
  • melissacurry04
    Options
    cynshoe wrote: »
    Fantastic!
    I plan to reach 8 lbs in 4 weeks. You are an inspiration!

You can do it! That is 2 lbs a week. I Googled some activities that burn 500 calories. Things that will be enjoyable and you won't think about it while you are doing work. It is definitely worth looking into! You got this!
  • alina9944
    alina9944 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 and trying to get out of 200s as well!! Started at 230 now 207...getting close! My goal is to be at 170. I started using this app 3 days ago, though I hate tracking things, but will try this time as I have heard many good reviews. Good luck with you progress and feel free to ask any questions, or message me.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Another fellow amazon here trying to crack one-derland too. Excellent job, Melissa. Good luck with the dress alterations. Couldn't tell by your post if you are the bride or an attendant, if the bride congrats! If the attendant, I hope you love the dress! :)
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ghettosaf wrote: »

Most anything I want but in way better moderation. I have also been checking how many calories something would be if I was considering something questionable. Then I decide if it is worth it. But most lunches have been deli turkey meat shaved on whole grain or wheat bread. Mostly lean meats not a lot of other carbs. If it is white other then meat I try to stay away from it. Also, this sounds crazy but I eat on a pretty close schedule and I eat before I'm hungry. Because I make way better decisions and by the time my body is like umm we might be hungry I'm already either eating or I just ate and it is settling in.

Great answer!

Remember, weight loss will slow down as you lose. Be patient and for petes sake...don't quit!!
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is so inspiring. It gives us hope. It must be a wonderful feeling to see the scale go down the other direction. That is interesting that you eat before you get super-hungry. That is what I have been considering too. Glad to know it is working.
  • Wishbone6
    Options
    Keep it up! Have some clothes you really want to fit into and push yourself to get to that goal!! I have faith in ya
  • melissacurry04
    Options
    alina9944 wrote: »
    I am 5'10 and trying to get out of 200s as well!! Started at 230 now 207...getting close! My goal is to be at 170. I started using this app 3 days ago, though I hate tracking things, but will try this time as I have heard many good reviews. Good luck with you progress and feel free to ask any questions, or message me.

First off congratulations on the amount you have already lost. Good Job! I am not a big fan of tracking either but I can not express how much it has kept me on goal and helped me understand the things I was putting into my body before! You are so close you will be there before you know it!