-help- need oat meal and yogurt ideas

Options

Replies

• flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I make mine with milk, some blueberries, a banana, and a tbsp of crushed flaxseed & walnut mix.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Alternatively, I add a banana and a tbsp of peanut butter.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    There are some fun oatmeal ideas in this album on this cooking site from facebook

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.282456955162220.66650.282449018496347&type=3
  • gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    gonebeast wrote: »
    @Acg67 when u got sub-par ab genetics, every meal counts. I'm making all the sacrefices. U probably had an easier time achieving ur physique

That's disrespectful, because someone else has the physique you crave you dismiss their efforts as easy and ignore the hard work and discipline they've put in whilst trying to paint yourself as some sort of up against it hero battling all odds. I'm not buying your fantasy.

By the way, peanut butter.

It might of sounded that way but I said "easier". Everyone who's been doing this to achieve a certain look knows how difficult it is. The fact that he said not to be such a bro and eat good tasting food just lead me to believe he didn't have to eat foods that aren't enjoyable as much as I do.

I find it true that some people have to put double the effort others do just because its the way their body is. In fact, I have friends who never lift or worry much about their diet but have better looking abs than I do.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions ! Very much appreciated.

Bro mentality, no one has to eat foods that aren't enjoyable to drop body fat to get your abs to show.

Idk about u but having to eat veggies almost every meal gets stale. I keep doing stomach vaccuums to get the lower section of my stomach to not protrude out, makes me look like I carry more fat than I actually have. I mean my mid section is like a rock but all I see is the outline of my abs and obliques, that's not what I'm after.

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    @Acg67 when u got sub-par ab genetics, every meal counts. I'm making all the sacrefices. U probably had an easier time achieving ur physique

That's disrespectful, because someone else has the physique you crave you dismiss their efforts as easy and ignore the hard work and discipline they've put in whilst trying to paint yourself as some sort of up against it hero battling all odds. I'm not buying your fantasy.

It might of sounded that way but I said "easier". Everyone who's been doing this to achieve a certain look knows how difficult it is. The fact that he said not to be such a bro and eat good tasting food just lead me to believe he didn't have to eat foods that aren't enjoyable as much as I do.

I find it true that some people have to put double the effort others do just because its the way their body is. In fact, I have friends who never lift or worry much about their diet but have better looking abs than I do.

Bro mentality, no one has to eat foods that aren't enjoyable to drop body fat to get your abs to show.

Idk about u but having to eat veggies almost every meal gets stale. I keep doing stomach vaccuums to get the lower section of my stomach to not protrude out, makes me look like I carry more fat than I actually have. I mean my mid section is like a rock but all I see is the outline of my abs and obliques, that's not what I'm after.

Learn to cook then
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Reduce body fat more.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Snickerdoodle oatmeal: Add half a cup of Greek yogurt to 1 serving of oatmeal. Add 1/4 package of Fiber One vanilla pudding mix. Add cinnamon to taste. Mix with about a quarter cup of almond milk. Leave in the fridge overnight. Enjoy.
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    This either my breakfast or post workout meal, half a cup of each but idk how to make it taste better

I buy the Greek yogurt with the highest protein and lowest fat add strawberries and blueberries and sprinkle some granola and it's awesome!!!!
  • tiachristie73
    Options
    my favorite go to oatmeal meal is my 3 quarter cup dry oatmeal 1 banana almond milk and date smoothie in the nutribullet. Perfect after workout meal or before
  • LilBitBambina
    LilBitBambina Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm actually not into oatmeal and don't like sweet things but have been trying to incorporate some oats into my diet, try these savory oatmeal recipes if you are the same:
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/meal-ideas/16-savory-oatmeal-recipes
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Vanilla almond milk instead of water, cocoa powder, cinnamon, stevia and mash a sliced up banana into oatmeal..
  • caty2358
    caty2358 Posts: 12
    Options
    Sweet oatmeal - little bit of nutmeg, a lot a bit of cinnamon, some brown sugar, + fruit of your choice. I prefer bananas or apples.

Game changer.... savory Oatmeal...... - add some vegetables while boiling the oatmeal or sauté them first, maybe some Parmesan cheese, + top with a fried or poached egg.
  • gonebeast
    gonebeast Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Everybody is being awesome w their ideas! I will surely implement them sometime soon (:
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    For oatmeal I add 1tbsp each: Brown sugar, natural peanut butter and semisweet chocolate chips. So good!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal cookies. Yummy! :)
  • kimalahittercoleman
    kimalahittercoleman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    put into an ovenproof bowl (in order)
    1/2 -11/2 cup frozen blueberries (thawed)
    1/2 cup oats
    1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon real maple syrup drizzled over top
    bake @ 350 until bubbling ~20-45 minutes

cool slightly or cool the refrigerated for cold
    top w/ 1/2 cup yogurt w/ 1 teaspoon real vanilla stirred in

****I make up a big batch then cook 12 1/2 cup mini bowls at one time.
    To me it like eating blueberry cobbler, I do the same w/apples and add a little cinnamon
    YUM!
    I hope this helps!
  • cilleriania
    cilleriania Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon, frozen blueberries (or fresh ones!) and chopped nuts or hemp seeds. Every morning, love it!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OP why are you eating that? for the macros? any one macro in particular? to feel full?
  • kimalahittercoleman
    kimalahittercoleman Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    you can toast your oats in a pan (or the over) to give them a better taste, then mix w/melted nut butter and spread in a pan to cool, cut into a cookie/bar
    I sometimes add nuts, dried fruit or chocolate chips to mine

then make a drink w/ yogurt

1/2 c yogurt
    1/2-1 cup frozen fruit
    1/4-1/2 c nut milk
    blend & drink