Curried Cauliflower & Broccoli soup: ~100 cals!

Options
a_stronger_steph
a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
I made this soup tonight, adapted from a bunch of internet recipes (I think I am probably incapable of following an actual recipe without modifying it in some way!). This recipe can be vegan or not, depending on how much you like cheese/chicken broth. It requires a blender or food processor.

Curried Cauliflower and Broccoli Soup:
1 head cauliflower
1/2 head broccoli (or a small head... or a big one... really just depends on how much you like broccoli)
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic (or two tsp pre-minced garlic)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 package silken tofu (~225g... or use the whole thing...or don't use any!)
1 carton reduced-sodium or homemade vegetable or chicken broth (depending on how vegan you'd like this to be)
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin (or to taste)
1/2 tsp paprika (or to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

optional:
70g light cheddar or mozzarella cheese

1. Chop onion and garlic. Heat oil on medium heat in large stock pot and add onion/garlic.
2. Add broth to pot and bring to simmer.
3. Roughly chop cauliflower and broccoli (including some of the stems for more nutrition... they're just gonna get blended anyways). Add to pot.
4. Add in spices/seasonings (curry powder, cumin, paprika, salt/pepper). Let simmer until vegetables are tender.
5. Add silken tofu and mix well until heated through (it'll look sorta chunky, don't worry, you'll blend it)
6. Stir in optional cheese and let melt. Or don't!
7. Transfer to food processor or blender in batches; blend until smooth.
8. Eat and enjoy!

With light mozzarella cheese, mine made approximately 9 cups, so here is the breakdown per cup:

Calories: 101
Carbs: 8g
Fat: 5
Protein: 8g
Fibre: 3g
Sodium: 378g

If you omit the cheese, feel free to up the tofu for more protein.

Nom nom nom. Enjoy!

Replies