protien

Options
Hi there,
I am having trouble getting in all the protein needed. I am doing flexible dieting/macros and it says to eat 200 of protien. I typically only get around 100. Anyone else doing macros or have any advice?

Replies

• taylormoooon
    taylormoooon Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    String cheese, cottage cheese, protein powder/bars, Special K protein cereal, eggs + egg whites, low fat greek yogurt, kefir, edamame, tuna, enlightened ice cream bars (my treat lol). Just some ideas but I feel your struggle!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    What are your stats/goals? 200 g seems kind of high to me, considering your profile. I struggle to get to 100, so I don't have any suggestions, sorry.
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? What does your current day look like meal wise? Can you add in protein shakes to help with some of the shortage?
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    200 seems really high. But protein shakes/bars are probably your best bet. I was buying more Quest bars and saw they have a protein powder you can sub for flour in a lot of recipes. Crazy expensive, but it's out there.
  • hlember
    hlember Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    According to the flexible dieting calculations, I should have 40% protien, 35% carb and 25% fat. 40% is 200 g of protien. I will probably have to try protien shakes.
  • hlember
    Options
    I am also always within my calories for the day, but the fat and carb macros are almost always off :(
  • hlember
    Options
    5, 8 1/2. 190 pounds. Calories 1800/day
  • azheat3057
    Options
    You should be getting 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight.
  • hlember
    Options
    So, it is 190 g of protien right?
  • hlember
    Options
    I do not typically eat a lot of carbs. What in your opinion is the proper ratio of carbs, fat and protien? I just want to lose weight and lean out without feeling completely deprived :)
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I believe its per pound of lean body mass.. Not your actual weight. You'd be more than ok with 150 imo
  • AmyPetite
    Options
    I find that To reach my protein goal, I have to drink protein shakes to get enought protein if i want to stay within my calories.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt is packed with protein. I usually eat half a serving and that alone has 11 grams.
  • hlember
    Options
    What is everyone else's protien goal? Just curious?
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    protein powder, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, water packed tuna are my go-to's for more protein without a ton of fat. I'm going higher on my protein vs my carbs that MFP is suggesting while keeping within my calories allotted. Definitely going nowhere near the sodium and sugar levels suggested. Keeping my fats bang on.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    40% of 1800 is 180g not 200, but 40% is excessive.
  • ashypashy7
    ashypashy7 Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Baked chicken breast, greek yogurt, eggs, tuna, hummus, beans, chia seeds, broccoli, all of these things have lots. I eat mostly vegetarian (just don't care for meat) and I have no issue hitting my protein eating these things.