Exercise bike vs Rowing machine

Options
I'm planning on getting either an exercise bike or a rowing machine but I can't decide which one to get. I can't get both since I don't have enough space. Which one has more benefits? Thanks.

Replies

• badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    The one with the most benefits is the one that you will use the most and enjoy.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    i currently use both, but you get a full body workout from rowing machine.rowers are also normally foldable for space saving.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine is whole body. I hate machines, so I wouldn't use either.
  • christosv
    Options
    The one with the most benefits is the one that you will use the most and enjoy.

Nailed it, the same goes with eating plans etc. the one that you think that you will stick with go for.

Stay healthy and stay focused.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just try using them both at the gym and see which one you prefer.
    If I was buying one then id only buy either a water rower or probably a concept 2. Concepts are spenny but hold their value well. They also last.

I use both bike and rower.

Bike id prefer outside if it was sunny, but its less boring than i expected. Good lower body workout and can watch tv, listen to music, look around.

Rower is full body workout, more technical. You will only get a good workout if you learn technique and you put effort in. You either like it or you dont. They arent popular at my gym because few learn technique or put effort in.

Its importnat to try before you buy. I was going to post links championing one or the other, but you cna google them yourself.

My choice is i prefer the rower as I just find it more interesting and challenging.

• SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    The rower works more muscles = more calories burned, harder to take it easy. Technique is easy to learn. The only thing that might interfere would be any back or shoulder issues.
  • maisie981
    maisie981 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Rower every time for me
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I would over train my back muscles on a rower so I use a bike and still over train my leg muscles but its my choice.. I do cardio six days a week
  • Beach_1994
    Beach_1994 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.