No support need a Wahooo

Options
Just ran my first 5k this morning in 32 min this being only after week three on the C25K programme. I got home told the wife and all she says is "ok you can do the ironing now" WHAT ? this is the greatest achievement since I started this fitness/ lifestyle change and that's all shes says.

So need a big WAHOOO from my supportive pals on here :)

Replies

• AddieCakes
    AddieCakes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    *clears throat*

WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That's fantastic!
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thank you nice big one
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    know the feeling! someone who is not trying to better themselves physically as u are will never understand the amazing feeling of accomplishment to be able to do something at one time u thought was maybe not possible. awesome work!
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Dude. You're AWESOME!! Congratulations, that takes strength!
  • leeleehayes88
    leeleehayes88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well done thats fantastic!
  • ghoti_fish
    ghoti_fish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Woop woop! :-)
  • DeeTee68
    Options
    I Feel much better now, thanks ladies :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    One more from me. WOO HOO!! And yes I am shouting it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    WAAAHOOOO!!! Go you :D
  • mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    WahoooOOOOooOOoo!! that's simply awesome!!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!!!!!! A guy that irons!!!!!!! Heeheehee sorry lol.

That's awesome about your run!!!! I know how the lack is support in real life feels. So from all of us in virtual land

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! 5k run is awesome!!!!! In only three weeks? Dude you are my hero
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Awesome job!! Congratulations!!

(And you iron!! Really well done!)
  • DeeTee68
    Options
    Thank you all very much, its appreciated. And yes I love ironing its so relaxing especially if you get some beats going and have a little jig whilst your doing it. Think of the calories getting burnt. I should start a Men who Iron Group ;)
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, that's awesome. After I did my first registered 5k...after training for 10 weeks, my husband didn't want to wake up and go support me. This community is awesome, because I know how hard you are working. Keep it up! Take a rest from running tommorrow and work on building some muscle. Good job!
  • razisready
    razisready Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wahoooooooo well done be proud of yourself
  • tiffanycherie
    tiffanycherie Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thats Awesome!! Congratulations!
  • kenc1971
    kenc1971 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Here a "Wahooo!" on doing that first 5k run!

That "Men Who Iron" group sounds good. "Pump some iron, then do some ironing... burning fat, and making clothes flat."
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    5k after only three weeks is absofrickinlutely amazing. Well done! :D

Your wife's reaction smacks of either insecurity, or guilt or annoyance that she isn't doing, or doesn't have the opportunity do so the same. Talk to her about it. Maybe she'd be really supportive under other conditions.
  • DeeTee68
    Options
    Pootler74 wrote: »
    5k after only three weeks is absofrickinlutely amazing. Well done! :D

Well i was on week three, day three and I thought I may as well just keep running as I felt good, so I did. Then the next time I went running I just did a 5k straight no stopping even I was amazed when I saw 32 min. I did just get some Hoka One One Stinson ATR and what a difference they have made best shoes I have ever run in.

Your wife's reaction smacks of either insecurity, or guilt or annoyance that she isn't doing, or doesn't have the opportunity do so the same. Talk to her about it. Maybe she'd be really supportive under other conditions.

I just don't think shes interested in my fitness routine. She does help with my calorie counting shes fantastic at that but no interest in the fitness side.