Avocados

Options
Does anyone have any yummy avocado based recipes?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Try the recipe forum
  • ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    Try the recipe forum

Thats helpful lol. I'm still pretty new to this. I just learned how to reply to people. But that was good advice.
  • Ellst85
    Ellst85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have avocado on toast- ok it isn't a salad but it's like a really yummy treat! Either that or on oatcakes
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Avocado makes an excellent "spread" on sandwich wraps. Scoop it out and mash it up right on your flatbread or tortilla. Then sprinkle it with a little salt (really brings out the flavor) and add your wrap ingredients. Given a choice between mayo and avocado, I'd go with avocado every time. It makes a good egg salad too, even if it is a strange color.

And don't forget guacamole, which is as good on cut up vegetables as it is on tortilla chips.
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Easy guacamole -- 1 med avocado, 1/3 cup favorite salsa, 1 tsp lemon or lime juice, dash salt. Cover tightly if not using right away.

Tuna/ Avocado salad
    1/2 med avocado, 1 can drained white tuna, 2 tbsp chopped onion, dash grated pepper, 1/2 tsp lemon or lime juice.

I cube it & add it to my salad, spread it on wraps with some broccoli slaw & lunch meat (usually turkey).

I loooove avocado!
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Avocado + salt= perfect!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Egg salad... like the above tuna avocado salad, but with hard boiled eggs instead. Add chopped celery if you want some crunch. If you eat meat, add bacon too.
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Avocado blended with cocoa, a little honey or dates, vanilla, and cacao nibs if you like a little texture. And voila! My favorite chocolate pudding.
    I also spread it on rice cakes with pepper and salt and whatever spices I feel like and find it a very satisfying texture and taste combination.
    Yum
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    BLTA is my favorite sandwich. Can't go wrong there. This is one of my go-to recipes in the summer: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-tomato-avocado-salad
  • ayannabayer
    Options
    Avocado blended with cocoa, a little honey or dates, vanilla, and cacao nibs if you like a little texture. And voila! My favorite chocolate pudding.
    I also spread it on rice cakes with pepper and salt and whatever spices I feel like and find it a very satisfying texture and taste combination.
    Yum

Omg sounds delicious
  • ayannabayer
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    BLTA is my favorite sandwich. Can't go wrong there. This is one of my go-to recipes in the summer: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-tomato-avocado-salad

My mom was telling me about it the other day. Sounds like a MUST!