Rain rain go away!

Options
I feel most motivated to exercise outdoors. However, its been raining for the past 2 days with no sign of stopping. My gym is closed for a month for renovations and I am starting to make excuses for not working out! I just started getting back on track and I would HATE to stop now! Any suggestions for "exciting" inside workouts and/or any motivational advice?

Replies

• mkatzb3
    mkatzb3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I feel most motivated to exercise outdoors. However, its been raining for the past 2 days with no sign of stopping. My gym is closed for a month for renovations and I am starting to make excuses for not working out! I just started getting back on track and I would HATE to stop now! Any suggestions for "exciting" inside workouts and/or any motivational advice?
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Do you have an exercise ball? I love doing ab work on the ball. Also do leg lifts, squats, etc. I tend to do various exercise DVDs (Turbo Jam is the one I'm addicted to), however there are nights that I turn on the TV and exercise to a show. I do Kicks, Squats, ab work, some weight training, jump rope, etc.

I hope that helps!
  • jawaria
    Options
    oh! how i hate the indoors! i am in the same place we've been getting snow and raain and i have the same problem...i've actually fallen off beig on track!!!
    But as theother post said leg lifts, abs, jumping jacks, squats, or even indoor walking helps...if u have any videos those help too...they get monotonous but once inj a while they r ok...jump rope is gud too or if all else fails dance to the music!!!
    Hope this helps!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Try dancing to some fast music!
    My husband made me a CD of all my favorite fast oldies, and I "dance away" while watching tv at the same time! :smile:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    My husband made me a CD of all my favorite fast oldies, and I "dance away" while watching tv at the same time! :smile:

You listen to music, dance and watch TV at the same time. Talk about multi-tasking!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

You listen to music, dance and watch TV at the same time. Talk about multi-tasking!

Ya, but I can't chew gum at the same time though! :laugh: