Whats your favorite thing to do with boneless,skinless chick

Options
I have a lot, and chicken is really the only meat I eat and im just running out of ways to make it and change it up thats still low fat. Yesteday I made chicken tenders dipped in egg whites and panco and baked it and they were awesome.
I usually just bake them or grill them with some BBQ sauce, sometimes I eat it in salad, and I put them in tortilla wraps with lettuce. But that pretty much sums it up.
Any ideas.

Replies

• BehindBlueEyes988
    Options
    I add some McCormick spices that are usually low in salt, spices it up a little bit. When I'm out of ideas I always google healthy chicken recipes. There are a ton out there
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I like to make chicken taco meat.... I use all sorts of seasonings but try to stay away from salt.
    I sprinkle a little cheese on top and eat it just like that! yummmmmm!
  • JackiSto
    JackiSto Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Lately I've really been enjoying cooking mine on the stovetop with a citrus glaze type thing.

Butterfly the chicken breast, then pound or roll even flatter with a rolling pin. Salt and pepper both sides and drench in flour (don't need to dip in anything first).

Spray a skillet with Pam and cook the chicken for just a few minutes on each side - since it's thin it cooks very quickly.

Remove chicken from the pan, place on a plate and cover with tinfoil.

Back in the pan, add the juice from 2-3 oranges or 2-3 lemons, and about 1/3 cup of chicken broth. I supplement the flavor with either some additional lemon concentrate, or orange extract. Bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly, and let the sauce thicken. If you really want thicker sauce, combine a little corn starch and chicken broth on a separate bowl and add to the skillet once it reaches a boil.

Once your sauce is thick to your liking, you can either add the chicken back to the pan to coat, or drizzle the sauce on top.

I love to serve this with asparagus or broccoli and brown rice or quinoa.

Yum-O!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another thread, so forgive me if you've seen it already. I like to make a fake chicken parm. Lightly oil a baking pan with olive oil, then lay your chicken breasts in the pan. Sprinkle with black pepper if you want (I always do). Bake at around 400 until the chicken is done (time depends on thickness). Open a can of diced tomatoes and pour it over the chicken without draining (you can also dice a fresh tomato if you have some on hand), and sprinkle with parsley, basil, oregano, and garlic, or pre-mixed Italian seasoning. Bake for about 10 minutes to dehydrate the tomatoes just a bit. Then sprinkle just a bit of mozzarella on top of the tomatoes, and bake for an additional 5 minutes or so until the cheese is melted. Serve with herbed pasta, roasted asparagus, roasted broccoli, or whatever you like. Nomtastic!
  • xoArielleMarieox
    Options
    Yum thanks guys! Ill try them all :)
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    For something REALLY easy.....I just sprinkle a liberal amount of Weber Garlic and Herb seasoning on it and then bake or stir fry (with the chicken cut up in chunks). It is really tasty.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried this method yet, but this past week at Target, I bought 2 premade chicken breasts filled with roasted red peppers, spinach, grueyer cheese and prociutto and each breast was like..370 cals each. and OH so yuuuummmm.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    brine and bake. usually season with pepper, thyme, garlic powder, and lemon juice.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I just had this the other day, but spaghetti with chicken instead of beef. It didn't sound good but it actually wasn't bad at all.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Oven bake with basil and lemon in a shallow baking dish in about a half inch of chicken stock and white wine, turning over once, adding a lemon slice about 5 mins before done. Then combine wasabi and some of the wine and brush it on. Serve with just about any kind of rice drizzled with balsamic vinegar.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    stir-fries
    mixed in with couscous
    chicken parm. (light amount of bread crumbs, low cal spaghetti sauce and over some whole wheat pasta)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/foil-pack-chicken-fajita-dinner-111262.aspx?tab=recipe

This is what I am making tonight. I have never tried it before, so I don't actually know how good it is... however, I have heard from several people that it is delicious, and I'm looking forward to making it!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    brine and bake. usually season with pepper, thyme, garlic powder, and lemon juice.

I do the exact same thing...sometimes with lime juice, sometimes with lemon. Also, use McCormick poultry seasoning sometimes, as well as basil and/or oregano. I try to avoid any oils, including olive oil or vegetable oil. I will either bake or if the weather is nice, grill it.

I also keep a bottle of Buffalo Wild Wings mango habanero and/or Caribbean Jerk sauce on hand...a little high on the carbs, but I needs me some dippin' sauce or I get bored with chicken!
  • RProhofsky
    RProhofsky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sorry and not to sound sexist

I give it to my wife - she is a fantastic cook. Usually BBQ or Wok.
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My fave is something I got from here a while ago. Coat skinless breast with taco seasoning (I make my own cuz of sodium), spray shallow casserole dish with Pam and bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven top with salsa then bake for another five minutes. I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream as a "dipper" and serve with rice. Super yummy :)
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the jalepeno cream cheese chicken. Use fat free cream cheese....mmmmmm!
  • regentin
    regentin Posts: 60
    Options
    This sounds yummy!
  • kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I stirfry it too, and usually cook one or two up every week and slice a little off for sandwiches, lately its been quesidillas: I take a little chicken, some beans/broccoli/asparagus/ whatever I have, a little chedder cheese, sprinkle garlick, cumin and cayen roll up in a tortilla and crisp up in a frying pan with cooking spray and dip in salsa and low fat sour cream.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I just had this the other day, but spaghetti with chicken instead of beef. It didn't sound good but it actually wasn't bad at all.

I grew up eating spaghetti with cubed chicken in it. I love it, but my husband doesn't so I don't make it very much anymore.

My favorite for chicken are plain old bbq with some rub and then a low cal bbq sauce.
  • alrd69
    alrd69 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    try chicken sttrogonoff:
    chicken breasts 4
    mushrooms thinly sliced about 2 cups
    onions thinly sliced,about 2 cups
    sour cream or yogourt, about 1 cup
    salt, pepper, tarragon to taste

season the chicken, saute in pan sprayed with Pam, remove from pan, lightly sautee onions put chicken back in, add mushrooms, let simmer for about 5 min, then add sour cream or yogourt, let simmer for another 10min you can add some cornstarch to thicken a little bit (1/2 tsp in 1/2cup water) and VOILA! bon appetit!