Last 10 pounds and can't seem to get there!

beckerj
beckerj Posts: 6
edited September 27 in Motivation and Support
I have lost 60 pounds and have 10 more to go, but my body doesn't seem to want to let go of any more! Any suggestions on how to get past this hurdle? I workout 6 times a week and log my calories. I try to eat back most of my workout calories!

Thanks!

Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Bump!!!! Same boat!!!!
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Bump me too!
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Zig-zag your calories. Change up your workout routine. Change your protein/carb/fat percentages. You might need to recalculate your calorie intake since your maintainance calories should be less than what they were when you were 60 pounds heavier. Just some ideas. Just gotta keep your body guessing.
  • jbozeman81
    jbozeman81 Posts: 2 Member
    Your going to have to spend and extra 20-30 mins doing cardio
  • nissafull
    nissafull Posts: 48
    yep, know the feeling been plateaued after losing almost eighty pounds... started MFP... lost 8 lbs the first 3 weeks and it has stopped again...
  • VikTimH
    VikTimH Posts: 7
    I feel your pain. Im there too. I started to watch my sodium more now and have changed my cardio up some. I do 45 minutes of cardio atleast 3 days a week and try to walk my dogs nightly. I added doing the stair machine at the gym. I am up to 9 minutes ontop of my 45 of cardio. I also try to switch my weight workouts every 4 weeks. I have been stuck the last 4 weeks and felt my workouts were more intense also. What I think happened to me was I was doing a lot of squats and lundges (sp?) and my thighs were gaining major musle since my waist lost 2 inches. Try switching your workouts to something different since your body gets use to a workout and it becomes less efficient. Good luck!
  • lpfit4life
    lpfit4life Posts: 1
    I gained 60 lbs with my first child and found the last 10 the HARDEST to get off. It probably took me 4 months to get the last bit off out of the 11 months total. I cut back on carbs - breads, pasta, rice, etc. I still ate veggies and low carb fruits - berries. I felt full and not deprived by adding healthy fats - nuts, avocados, etc. I made sure I got at least 5 hours of intense cardio - group cycling, turbo classes, running a week!
    Don't give up! Remember the key is consistency and change. Change your eating habits and change your workout routine. Don't let your self get bored. Try new routines!
This discussion has been closed.