I need to get out of my own way

Options
long story short...I lost 90# the hard way...you know diet and excersize, then over the last 2 years life happened, I went through a horrible illness with my brother and watched him suffer and die, so I got lazy and I stopped paying attention to what I ate and didn't put enough energy into the working out thing and I gained 20# and now I am miserable!! The thing is I know HOW to do it, I excersize daily because without it I would need different therapy

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • jstrickler
    jstrickler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't know where the rest of my post went....anyways I am just looking for a little dose of reality....slap some sense in me or staple my mouth shut....it's ridiculous to keep doing the same thing over and over and then wonder why my pants still are tight
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Well you're doing the right thing beginning to re lose it before it gets way out of control you're nipping it in the bud!
  • MamaJ1974
    MamaJ1974 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Turn it around now while it's 20 pounds and not the whole 90 again! You can do it!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Go get it!
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    MamaJ1974 wrote: »
    Turn it around now while it's 20 pounds and not the whole 90 again! You can do it!

I wish I had done this sooner! My 20 pounds turned into 60 pounds before I took action! Good luck honey! You can do it.

• jstrickler
    jstrickler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WOW!! That is exactly the type of thing I needed to hear! I have been to damn busy feeling sorry for myself that I didn't look at it in that direction....duh!! You guys are the best! Thank you for that!!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. That must have been a really painful thing, watching your brother fight and eventually lose to a terrible illness.
    Don't beat yourself up too badly, you had more important things on your mind than logging. You're doing great by noticing that you've gotten off track and planning a course correction before it got too far out of hand.
    You're going to be fine - you've lost 90lbs before, so you obviously know how to fix this!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Go fight win! Just do it :)

I am really sorry to hear about your brother <3