My short story

Options
Greetings all. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Shawn, and I finally have committed to losing weight this year. Its been a long journey to get here and here is my brief story.

When I was younger I was always an athlete, in fact, I player Wide Receiver as a college football player. I joined the Army at 22 and was in solid shape. About 6'1 205. I got out in 2004 and rebelled against life. I started packing on the pounds. I estimate about 12 lbs per year on average. I never had to many problems dating and always had an attractive girlfriend. I got married in 2014 to a beautiful wife

d72qu7kpb1ai.jpg

Fat and happy I didn't mind the weight too much other than the knee pain, poorly fitting suits, and avoiding booths at restaurants. Wife kept bugging me about going to the gym so I figured I would show her how its done, as I had spent tons of hours in the gym playing football and for the military.

I was embarrassed. At my prime I was repping 225 10+ times....I had trouble with 115. However, I still wasn't committed to getting in shape, so I was averaging 2-3 times a week with no change to my eating habits.

Last week I went to the Dr. He was blunt with me. He said, do you want to live or die. Its that simple. Of course I choose life with my wife.

For whatever reason, I have become motivated. I bought a scale. I am working out everyday, doing something even if it is just a 2 mile walk. I do P90x most days as I had good results with it previously. I changed the way I eat, no rice, bread, pasta, soda or sugary drinks. My wife helps me a ton as I doubt I could do everything I need to on my own. She prepares all of my meals for me to take to work. I measure everything and she gets a kick when I make her take food off my plate to weigh it so I know exactly what I am eating. Surprisingly I am not hungry and I often come in well under my suggested calorie intake. I started this March 30 and I weighed 348. This morning I came in at 341.

I am hoping to continue this motivation for life so any one who wants to be friends for this journey we are all taking, please hit me up. Thanks for listening!

Replies

• futurehillbillies
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. Some tramatic injuries over the years has caused me to gain. I'm up to 450 lbs. Im an EMT who cant even bend over to pick up my patients off thw floor anymore. Even personal hygene has become an issue. To fat to reach. I've started water aerobics and absolutely love it. My goal is 100 lbs in a year but the sooner the better.

I don't want to see you get as big as me. I'm here for support if you'd like. I know I can use it.

Alfred.
  • shawncase31
    shawncase31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. Some tramatic injuries over the years has caused me to gain. I'm up to 450 lbs. Im an EMT who cant even bend over to pick up my patients off thw floor anymore. Even personal hygene has become an issue. To fat to reach. I've started water aerobics and absolutely love it. My goal is 100 lbs in a year but the sooner the better.

I don't want to see you get as big as me. I'm here for support if you'd like. I know I can use it.

Alfred.

I got a friend who was 450 plus. He had serious heart issues. He's now down to 285. Keep you eye on the prize you and you get there brother