Question to women regarding their supplements

Options
grace173
grace173 Posts: 180 Member
Hi,

I have been taking polyphenol nutrients and a GTF complex for the past 2 years. My naturopath said that I should not stay on them forever so I'm wondering if I should change. Are there supplements out there that are beneficial to women?
I really like these supplements and I would like to stay on them or change to something similar. I also take a tincture for relaxation purposes so if there is a tincture you like to take please let me know about that too.

Many thanks.

Replies

• Kiku10
    Kiku10 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Magnesium citrate is incredible for relaxation, for everyone, and helps with cramping . I take D for health and well-being , too. My doctor recommended I avoid all multivitamins, as the latest research shows they're linked to cancers...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I'm not on any supplements because I only take them if a doctor takes a blood test and tells me that I am deficient in something.
  • hstull82
    hstull82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just take D, & probiotics as prescribed by my MD. I also take fiber gummies & fish oil on occasion. I get everything else I need in daily nutrition.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    My internist has me on Folate, D3, magnesium, and a probiotic.
  • grace173
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »

I thought you only took folic acid when pregnant? Why D3 and why magnesium and probiotic just as a matter of interest as everyone is made up different so just interested why. thanks.
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Kiku10 wrote: »
    Magnesium citrate is incredible for relaxation, for everyone, and helps with cramping . I take D for health and well-being , too. My doctor recommended I avoid all multivitamins, as the latest research shows they're linked to cancers...

wtf .. ?

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I take cal-mag-zinc-D daily, a multi 2-3x wk, msm if I run a lot, and a probiotic. Dr. Schulze's female formula or female + are the only "tinctures" I take. His kidney bladder formula and kb tea are great if you have a uti.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    grace wrote:
    I have been taking polyphenol nutrients and a GTF complex for the past 2 years. My naturopath said that I should not stay on them forever so I'm wondering if I should change. Are there supplements out there that are beneficial to women?
    I really like these supplements and I would like to stay on them or change to something similar. I also take a tincture for relaxation purposes so if there is a tincture you like to take please let me know about that too.
    So much wrong here, but I'll take a shot at it anyway...
    Many women are low in iron and calcium.
    Many people are low in vitamin D. (Which affects calcium.)

I take a multivitamin as insurance in case my diet isn't as good as I think it is, just to cover some of the micronutrients.
    I take D, B, & magnesium supplements. (D for bones & mental health, B & magnesium for nerve regrowth.)
    Used to take calcium, after orthopedic surgery, but that's healed now.
    But that's based on science, and your question/statements lead me to believe that won't matter much in your decisions.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    grace173 wrote: »
    RodaRose wrote: »

I thought you only took folic acid when pregnant? Why D3 and why magnesium and probiotic just as a matter of interest as everyone is made up different so just interested why. thanks.

Your body needs folate/folic acid for many functions, including producing healthy red blood cells and preventing anemia. You should take it if you are of child-bearing years because it is needed to prevent neural tube defects in the first few weeks of pregnancy, before you may know you are pregnant.
  • grace173
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    grace wrote:
    So much wrong here, but I'll take a shot at it anyway...
    Many women are low in iron and calcium.
    Many people are low in vitamin D. (Which affects calcium.)

I take a multivitamin as insurance in case my diet isn't as good as I think it is, just to cover some of the micronutrients.
    I take D, B, & magnesium supplements. (D for bones & mental health, B & magnesium for nerve regrowth.)
    Used to take calcium, after orthopedic surgery, but that's healed now.
    But that's based on science, and your question/statements lead me to believe that won't matter much in your decisions.

My decisions were based on on my blood results.