Need Advice and Ideas for workout and food Intake please!

I am 24, 5'2" and way roughly 240 Pounds!!! I am so disgusted and disappointed with myself!

First off, here's a short version of my story(How I got this way)

I have been heavy most of my life, although very active and love healthy food, but occasional slip ups really threw me over my' Comfortable' weight, at 150(age 18 I believe) I've had three kids since then, all csections pretty much back to back so now, besides the overwhelming fat all over my body, I have had to deal with this very uncomfortable and hideous flab hanging low over my pant line.

I also(not surprisingly) have multiple medical issues, including asthma, anxiety, and nerve damage in my back, etc. I am always exhausted, life has been really tough. I tried countless times to lower my weight and live healthier, but a lot happens that affect my chances of work outs and food Intake, especially emotional and physical pains.

I've been back at the basics for a week now, and could really use some help to keep me going! Anyone care to be friends?!

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Here are the four steps to success:

1) Commitment - Make a real commitment. Like the commitment you make to a spouse when you marry them, or to a best friend when you promise to be there for them. Make this commitment to yourself and then tell people about it. If you'll do this, motivation becomes easy. Do you have to be re-motivated to stay committed to a spouse? Do you say, I'll cheat on my relationship today and get back on it tomorrow? No, you don't. You keep your commitments. So, make this one to yourself to get healthy.

2) Education - We didn't come with an owners manual, but over time, many people have written about health and wellness. We're each our own little experiment. So, read and learn about food, exercise, sleep, stress reduction, etc. Get educated and experiment to see what works best for you.

3) Food - Food is for fuel and rebuilding. Monitor what you eat (logging) and see which foods work best for you. Most of us do very well with balanced macros, but you may need more of something and less of something else. Pay attention to how certain foods make you feel. And start working toward healthier choices based on the education you're getting. General rules of thumb to start: If it didn't live and grow it isn't food; If it's in a box, it likely has some bad things in it; Just because someone says it is healthy, doesn't mean it is healthy for you. Experiment with what and when you eat to see what suits you best (and realize this may change over time, especially if you start losing fat).

4) Exercise - Have other fitness goals in mind before you start exercising. What and how much you eat affects fat loss. Exercise is to get fit in certain ways (muscle mass, strength, mobility, endurance, cardiovascular health, balance, agility, speed, etc.). So, if you want to be stronger, lift weights. If you want better cardiovascular health (so you can run after your children) then take up walking/jogging/running or some other cardio. Know why you want it, then go for it. Educate yourself on the modality your going to try, start slow, and work up.

It isn't rocket science, its just about knowning and learning about yourself. There are reasons you gained the weight, which you'll have to address. Once you've made the commitment, the hard part is over. Make better choices each day, knowing your getting one step closer to the you you want. Also realize that it took you many years to get where you are, and it may take as many to get back to where you want to be. Patience, persistence, progression.

• MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Be stretchy and do a variety of workouts. Every workout package should have a variability. You can change your workouts, goals and sets every month to keep you inspired and on the go. Doing this will help you avoid being bored and losing energy physically and emotionally.
  • TrishAndGirls
    TrishAndGirls Posts: 42 Member
    Here are the four steps to success:

1) Commitment - Make a real commitment. Like the commitment you make to a spouse when you marry them, or to a best friend when you promise to be there for them. Make this commitment to yourself and then tell people about it. If you'll do this, motivation becomes easy. Do you have to be re-motivated to stay committed to a spouse? Do you say, I'll cheat on my relationship today and get back on it tomorrow? No, you don't. You keep your commitments. So, make this one to yourself to get healthy.

2) Education - We didn't come with an owners manual, but over time, many people have written about health and wellness. We're each our own little experiment. So, read and learn about food, exercise, sleep, stress reduction, etc. Get educated and experiment to see what works best for you.

3) Food - Food is for fuel and rebuilding. Monitor what you eat (logging) and see which foods work best for you. Most of us do very well with balanced macros, but you may need more of something and less of something else. Pay attention to how certain foods make you feel. And start working toward healthier choices based on the education you're getting. General rules of thumb to start: If it didn't live and grow it isn't food; If it's in a box, it likely has some bad things in it; Just because someone says it is healthy, doesn't mean it is healthy for you. Experiment with what and when you eat to see what suits you best (and realize this may change over time, especially if you start losing fat).

4) Exercise - Have other fitness goals in mind before you start exercising. What and how much you eat affects fat loss. Exercise is to get fit in certain ways (muscle mass, strength, mobility, endurance, cardiovascular health, balance, agility, speed, etc.). So, if you want to be stronger, lift weights. If you want better cardiovascular health (so you can run after your children) then take up walking/jogging/running or some other cardio. Know why you want it, then go for it. Educate yourself on the modality your going to try, start slow, and work up.

It isn't rocket science, its just about knowning and learning about yourself. There are reasons you gained the weight, which you'll have to address. Once you've made the commitment, the hard part is over. Make better choices each day, knowing your getting one step closer to the you you want. Also realize that it took you many years to get where you are, and it may take as many to get back to where you want to be. Patience, persistence, progression.

This is really great thank you so much!
  • TrishAndGirls
    TrishAndGirls Posts: 42 Member
    Be stretchy and do a variety of workouts. Every workout package should have a variability. You can change your workouts, goals and sets every month to keep you inspired and on the go. Doing this will help you avoid being bored and losing energy physically and emotionally.

Thank you so much