Starting March 23: FitnessBlender's 8 Week Fat Loss For Busy People

Options
2»

Replies

• jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Even though I wasn't able to recruit any buddies, I still want to be accountable. So I am popping in to report that I just finished the first workout of week 2! :smile: I feel great and not nearly as sore as I was (as in, I can sit and stand without grunting again).
  • katiely95
    katiely95 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let you know, I started the challenge Saturday! You should add me so we can keep up with each others progress. This was a fantastic idea! Thank you so much
    My results for the fit test:
    PFT 1
    1 mile: 12:00 :D 5.0 mph.
    Full push ups: 0
    Half push ups: 10. lol
    Squats: 127 (Before it started to burn and hurt. lol)
    Plank: 70 seconds
    Sit and Reach: 0 inches. I could only make it to the line.

Good luck! I believe in you. :D I hope you're still doing it!
  • jetortola
    Options
    @katiely95 YEAH! I'm starting week 3 and feel amazing -- finished my first HIIT/Strength workout without modifying!!

The end of week 2 I traded out a Pilates/HIIT workout for 20 mins on my elliptical (interval training setting) and a 7 min Pilates cool down video -- and I could tell when I was on the elliptical that my endurance was already improved!

We can definitely do this! So exciting! :smiley:

I've been recording the low-range of calories burned in MFP. Now to get myself into a calorie deficit (I've set myself at 0.5 lb/week loss... and the last week I was at 2479 calories OVER my weekly goal including exercise calories -- so I should be showing a slight gain - ugh!) I've just been HUNGRY. As of this morning my weight is maintaining. I'm fine with a slow loss... but I want that loss!
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I have this program. I did it once and may do it again (once I get as far as I can with "Stronglifts"-- my weights don't go heavy enough to do a whole 12 weeks, I fear). Anyway, I work out with Fitness Blender all the time, so I didn't see massive changes, but I really liked knowing what to do each day. When I do it again, I want to journal specific notes about weights used and what I struggled with, so I can repeat certain workouts and have a gauge of progress. Good luck; I'll follow your thread! :)
  • jetortola
    Options
    Good idea about taking notes @determined_14!

The scale moved a little down this morning, and my curiosity got the better of me so I took a sneak peak at my measurements.... Down 0.5" on both my belly and hips (didn't measure bust)! I'll take that after 2 week! :smile:
  • jetortola
    Options
    Reporting my starting fitness test results:

Measurements:
    Bust: 40.5"
    Belly: 38" (2 fingers below my navel)
    Hips: 41"
    Weight: 154lbs

Reporting my half-way stats:

April 20 (4 weeks complete)
    151lbs
    Bust: 39" (different bra)
    Belly: 37" (2 fingers below navel)
    Hips: 39.5" (I'd rather lose from my belly than my hips, agh!)

Of note: I only started taking diet seriously at the 2 week mark, so all weight lost is in last 2 weeks... At that time I also set my calorie goals for 0.5 lbs/week, so I've exceeded that. :)
  • Dojali99
    Dojali99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im intrested in fb fat loss program and I've tried to purchase but it has been failed so I would be grateful if anyone shared me the pdf and post the daily workout plan or the link
  • jetortola
    Options

I don't have a treadmill and the weather is crap so instead of the 1 mile run I recorded how many steps I could do in 20 mins of my elliptical at a level 2 resistance:

2382 steps in 20 mins
    15 half push-ups
    70 squats (thought I injured myself on that last one!)
    63 second full static plank
    -0.8" stretch

Measurements:

Yep, I'm an apple...

Results are in! Of note,'I wasn't spectacular with my diet, and was over my limit more days than not!

May 17: post 8 weeks

Elliptical level 2, 20 mins: 2557 steps
    22half push-ups
    105 squats
    91 second plank
    +1" stretch

149lbs
    Bust: 38.5"
    Belly (2 fingers below navel): 36.25"
    Hips: 39.5"
  • determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I don't have a treadmill and the weather is crap so instead of the 1 mile run I recorded how many steps I could do in 20 mins of my elliptical at a level 2 resistance:

2382 steps in 20 mins
    15 half push-ups
    70 squats (thought I injured myself on that last one!)
    63 second full static plank
    -0.8" stretch

Measurements:

Yep, I'm an apple...

Results are in! Of note,'I wasn't spectacular with my diet, and was over my limit more days than not!

May 17: post 8 weeks

Elliptical level 2, 20 mins: 2557 steps
    22half push-ups
    105 squats
    91 second plank
    +1" stretch

149lbs
    Bust: 38.5"
    Belly (2 fingers below navel): 36.25"
    Hips: 39.5"

Congrats, that's awesome! You gained strength and fitness and lost weight and inches! You must be proud.