Looking for geeky friends to share support

Options
Hey guys My name is Camille I'm 28 and over 300 lbs. I've been on here on and off. Took a hiatus recently due to health issues and stress but am back on now that I'm no longer trapped in the house due to winter and am actually able to get out there and walk.

I'm a big cosplayer, love sci fi, comics, anime, Teen Wolf, huge shipper of all the times.
Just looking for geeky friends who want to support each other. I also post a lot of photos on instagram to help keep myself accountable.

Replies

• Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    I love how with con season approaching, the fellow cosplayers are showing themselves more. Hi hun,I cosplay as well and I'm looking for that motivation to get my butt in gear too lol . :)
  • Camilleathome
    Camilleathome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's not even con season here yet!! I sadly only go to local cons in my area. One day i will travel to the bigger cons. But I still love the ones I do go to.
  • Tialuna18
    Options
    Around May is when things really start kicking off for me locally. theres only one big con in my area. Anime North but then I have a few smaller ones following. I'd love to go to the states one time to a real big con like Katsu or Colossalcon :3
  • Camilleathome
    Options
    We are planning on eventually making it to Anime North one day, I've never been to Toronto so it would be a great excuse. Katsu is deffinitely one of my dream cons!
  • Tialuna18
    Options
    It's pretty great although one of the issues is that it feels very much an outdoor con. Toronto is one of my favorite cities in the world <3
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • Camilleathome
    Options
    Theres a new con in PEI that I might be going to this year that is outdoors at a water park! Im pretty excited!
  • gardenkitty
    gardenkitty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone I'm a cosplayer, too. :smiley: I only go to the local cons for now but my big ones is at the end of May. (Animazement) I like to do Sailor Moon cosplay and keeping trim to fit back into my outfit every year is a good motivation to stay healthy. I really wanted to meet other cosplayers on here for support.
  • highwind_valor
    Options
    Hello Everyone I'm a cosplayer, too. :smiley: I only go to the local cons for now but my big ones is at the end of May. (Animazement) I like to do Sailor Moon cosplay and keeping trim to fit back into my outfit every year is a good motivation to stay healthy. I really wanted to meet other cosplayers on here for support.

I am a cosplayer as well and I would also love to have some new cosplay friends to spread motivation. :)
  • sarabahreini
    sarabahreini Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    FINALLY i found cosplayers :0 anyone feel free to add me!!
  • casuallypolite
    Options
    I cosplay! Not as often as I would like, but hopefully as my kids get a little bigger and we go to Comicon as a family each year, I'll start doing it more.
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Heh, seems we're all here come Con season! ;)

Mainly into making videogame costumes. Mass effect suit on the way.
  • Camilleathome
    Options
    Oooh! Shadowsan we are working on a Dragon Age 2 group here! I'd love to eventually make a Wrex outfit. But I need to up my sculpting skills first!
  • AutumnKilene
    AutumnKilene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi im autumn, and yes, its partially for the con that im losing weight. I made a costume slightly too small so I can work to fit it.
  • Camilleathome
    Options
    I am losing for my health. But now I'm actually worried about working on any of my costumes due to not fitting into them come con time XD.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't cosplay but my husband and daughter do. I am the seamstress/shwag carrier. Not that I'm not into cons too (I live near a particularly large and famous one, and I worked at it for years). I have also done a fair amount of historical costuming. We generally go to the smaller cons now, but manage to get to quite a few. I'm quite a bit older than you all (47 - old school girl nerd), but I'm happy to be friended and provide input on costuming stuff.
  • rbj1989
    rbj1989 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello Camille. I a big sci-if/comic geek as well. And also a returning person. Here's to the journey!
  • Shadowsan
    Shadowsan Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me all - I'll probably throw a picture up of my suit at some point. In the meantime i'll just throw a pic on of my bionic neck hahaha!
  • reunarudo
    Options
    Hi everybody I am Leo a Mexican geek and i wish some day be abble to be the Hulk please add me...
  • Sorchya
    Sorchya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sent a message but feel free to add me! Would love to feel okay about cosplaying again, right now I feel too big. Anime and manga, some comics, sci-fi and fantasy...we love it in our household :) Hubby is big on Star Trek and Robotech, I am eclectic but love fantasy and anime, and our kid's most recent cosplays were as Levi and Kineki.