Low carb, low calorie breakfasts

Options
alicer461
alicer461 Posts: 46 Member
has anyone got any low carbohydrate, low calorie breakfast ideas? I've tried egg white omlet and protein shakes but I fancy something new to try :)

Thanks

Replies

• Sweepypie
    Sweepypie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sachet of porridge (no milk), banana and tea with skimmed milk
  • klokkanelva
    klokkanelva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quark!
  • ellouise20
    Options
    4 tablespoons of oats
    1 scoop of protien powder
    150 quinoa/almond milk

Mix these 3 one dat before in a container and leave in the fridge.

The next morning, blend with some blueberries or strawberries or raspberries and a banana.
  • DonatasZavatskas
    Options
    One spoon of golden dusts
  • lharper01
    lharper01 Posts: 29
    Options
    How low in carbs/calories are you talking? I like an omelette with 1 egg, 2 whites, and filled with about an oz of Neufchâtel cheese. Low carb meals are not usually very low calorie, because they use fats to help fill you help and eliminate the need for snacking (and extra calories).
  • photosarah
    photosarah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i like hard boiled egg whites mixed with things (hummus, avocado, chopped olives, dijon mustard, etc.)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Low carb, low calorie; all that's left is protein. I prefer to hit a higher calorie breakfast with all the food groups/macros.

Eggs are the obvious choice. There's more than omelets out there. You could do a frittata for instance, a muffin crustless quiche, hard-boiled, or devilled.

Greek yogurt with something else like fruit and maybe some chia.

I googled chicken breast and breakfast and got this: http://www.feastie.com/recipe/lea-jay/savory-crispy-pancakes.
  • klokkanelva
    klokkanelva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I'll say it again. Eat quark!

Depending on the brand it's 11% protein and ~60cals/100g. Just mix it with fun light (0 calories) or anything you want (or eat it plain) and you've got yourself a nice, protein rich and low cal breakfast.

I eat ~300g quark for breakfast with an egg and a cup of black coffee which in total equals to ~270cals and 42g(!!!) of protein. And that's just my breakfast.

Check out my food diary (most of it consists of Swedish products, though)
  • noiseagent
    Options
    I saute some spinach with garlic, stir up some eggs and cook it into an omelet. I have some low carb sun-dried tomato wraps - I do a spread of Laughing Cow light swiss on the inside and put the omelet in there, fold it over into a square pocket and heat it up for a couple of minutes in the pan.
  • JasonH_DFW
    JasonH_DFW Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    alicer461 wrote: »
    has anyone got any low carbohydrate, low calorie breakfast ideas? I've tried egg white omlet and protein shakes but I fancy something new to try :)

Thanks

search PSMF recipes in google, this that will help.
  • alicer461
    alicer461 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This quark studf sounds amazing ! I think I've had it before, a cream cheese type consistency but it usually curdles when heated if I remember rightly
  • katiepolite
    katiepolite Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Is quark the same thing as/similar to cottage cheese?
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Is quark the same thing as/similar to cottage cheese?

It's similar. I might peg it closer to ricotta? It's made differently than either of those (from what I believe I've understood) but it's in the ballpark.

OP - What about a slice of high fiber toast (or bagel thin or english muffin) with either some turkey sausage or some ham (or some bacon if you've got a few fat grams to spare) and a slice of cheese to make a breakfast sammy? Add an egg or a couple egg whites, too, if you want. If you get the pre-cooked turkey sausage you can have it assembled in probably 3 minutes or less.
  • griffik9
    griffik9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    photosarah wrote: »
    i like hard boiled egg whites mixed with things (hummus, avocado, chopped olives, dijon mustard, etc.)

So good I take all of this minis the hummus and put it in a Leaf of lettuce and wrap it up.
  • zumbasamrn
    Options
    This quark studf sounds amazing ! I think I've had it before, a cream cheese type consistency but it usually curdles when heated if I remember rightly

• zumbasamrn
    Options
    I am from Germany and Quark is pretty much a stable over there. Unfortunately I have never seen it in the States. It makes the most incredible cheesecake ever, not too sweet or rich.
  • lynettefenical
    Options

Thanks

• lynettefenical
    Options
    Here are some of my low carb breakfast:

Greek yogurt with Splenda and berries
    Eggs with turkey breakfast sausage or turkey bacon
    Cottage cheese and fruit
    Frittata
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    This morning I made the quickest shakshouka - 4 sliced mushrooms, 1/4 cup marinara, a bit of cumin and cayenne, all with a runny egg and topped with aged parm and parsley.
  • margurite0821
    margurite0821 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    egg muffins - beat up scrambled eggs and whatever ratio of veggies/cheese/protein you wish to include, put inside of a 12 - muffin tin (sprayed with olive oil or similar) - bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, pre-portioned, easy to make with whatever you have on hand and they re-heat in the microwave well.