Insanity

Options
TFG_em
TFG_em Posts: 174 Member
I just finished Day 2 of the 60-day Insanity fitness program. Just curious, has anyone else completed the entire 60 days? I'd love to know what sort of results you had.

Replies

• Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I completed it. I lost 10 pounds. I developed pretty strong abs and became much stronger
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My husband did it for a few rounds when we first met and lost 100 pounds. It worked for him!
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I didn't have any idea on Insanity fitness program....:) Select a program that will best suit you and to make sure that the fitness program will not hurt you.
  • geewizz123
    Options
    Anyone heard of hasfit and how do u put into this tht uve done it
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Itbeginswithyourself Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Im on day 16 of insanity and I have a love hate relationship with it. I am so excited to start the workout get on the warm up almost feel as if I am dying then half way through it I am cussing Shawn T. out, but by the end of the workout I am happy and ready for the next day. Good luck!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Im on day 16 of insanity and I have a love hate relationship with it. I am so excited to start the workout get on the warm up almost feel as if I am dying then half way through it I am cussing Shawn T. out, but by the end of the workout I am happy and ready for the next day. Good luck!

Yep. Between T25, Insanity, Asylum, and Max 30 I've called him every name in the book at this point.

• Itbeginswithyourself
    Options
    Lapre79 wrote: »

Yep. Between T25, Insanity, Asylum, and Max 30 I've called him every name in the book at this point.

Whats your favortie workout so far of his?
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    Lapre79 wrote: »

Whats your favortie workout so far of his?

Def regular Insanity.

I'd probably rank them:

Insanity
    T25
    Insanity Max 30
    Insanity Asylum

Wasn't a big fan of Asylum at all.

• Itbeginswithyourself
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Awesome, good to know... I know its tough to rank favorite on Shawn T's workouts lol. But good to know. I will have to try some more after regular insanity.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I can't get thru day one of Insanity. I can go 25 minutes and I am just dying. I can run but this kills me. I figure if I try it long enough I can get thru it.
  • Soundwave79
    Options
    mygrl4meee wrote: »
    I can't get thru day one of Insanity. I can go 25 minutes and I am just dying. I can run but this kills me. I figure if I try it long enough I can get thru it.

It's one of the most intense programs BeachBody offers so don't feel bad about not being able to do it right out of the box. T25 is a better program to start with because it has a modifier on the screen at all times that can help you ease into the program, then as you get better and learn the moves you can start doing the main moves more. Insanity lacks that. My best advice is just go as hard as you can as long as you can, then once you feel like you can't go anymore just start dialing the intensity back but don't stop. The more you do the vids the longer you will be able to make it the next time. This is how Insanity Max 30 is structured. They'd rather you go all out for 10 minutes and then ratchet down the intensity for the remaining 20 then pace yourself over the entire 30.

• tschapmire
    tschapmire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on week two of insanity and participating in an FB Challenge Group with a local trainer. While I have to make up my own modifications, I try to use the same muscle groups and keep my heart rate at the max allowed. It's easy to keep that heart rate up, even with modifications. While it's not easy, it FEELS SO GOOD to get thru it! And I noticed strength results and endurance results by the end of the first week. I think I'll try to do it a second time when I finish this go round. I will say that I spent 4 months doing daily cardio just to get ready for Insanity, so it's NOT for beginners.
  • jodilynne86
    jodilynne86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you enter insanity into MFP for your workout?
  • TFG_em
    Options

Good to know I'm not the only one screaming at the TV lol. I agree, I'm sore but so motivated and ready for the next day's workout. I'm only on Day 3, but I really like it so far.
  • TFG_em
    Options

Insanity has a Calories Burned Calculator site, so I use that to calculate the burn then just create a new entry on MFP.
  • Soundwave79
    Options

I use an HRM that gives me an approximate baseline number to use. But I pause it during the stretching periods. I'd be careful with the online calculators I found they were giving me very high numbers compared to what my HRM says. MFP also gives very high numbers.

For instance in Pure Cardio my HRM says I burned 350-400 cals. This calculator here: http://insanitycalories.com/ when set to low intensity gives me about the same reading (344 cals burned). On Medium intensity it will tell me 528 which is very high. So if you use that calculator just leave it set to low and it should get you ballpark.
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 and I love it so far! It does get better with time, one my second workout it already got easier. I need to perfect my form though.

I don't add the calories burned in MFP because it was already accounted for in the Insanity meal plan calculation.
  • Ljoon02
    Ljoon02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just finished Max30. Love Shaun T! Max30 is DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE. I think because it's only 30 min and I don't have much time, so that's what works for me
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I completed 2 full rounds of Insanity about a year ago and I am curently doing it again. Starting week 4 today.
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I have completed Insanity and T25 before and I just started Insanity again last week. It's definitely not an easy workout but it works. I lost about 20 pounds my first time - but I also added to it. I walked, ran, danced with my Kinect, etc to burn extra calories each day. I use a heart rate monitor to calculate calories burned during Insanity and enter that into MFP.