Only lost 1lb

Options
2»

Replies

• alicer461
    alicer461 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the food ideas guys think I might buy some avocados and nuts in future :) and thanks for all the motivational messages you've all stopped me from reaching for that pitty chocolate bar :D
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    When you feel disheartened about only losing a pound, go into the kitchen, pick up 2 packs of butter and take a really good long look and feel of it. Cos honey that's what you dumped last week!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    alicer461 wrote: »
    hey

I've been doing ketosis for the last 2 weeks and eating really well, usually having 1000 calories ( just because I'm full).] Last week I lost 6lb and this week 1 ! I'm so disappointed does anyone know why this could be ? Thanks

Yer funny.

HINT: You're consuming more than you think.

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Are you cooking with butter or oil.
    Are you eating cheese?
    Are you eating nutbutters?
    Are you using full fat items, or low fat?
  • alicer461
    Options
    hey

I've been doing ketosis for the last 2 weeks and eating really well, usually having 1000 calories ( just because I'm full).] Last week I lost 6lb and this week 1 ! I'm so disappointed does anyone know why this could be ? Thanks

Yer funny.

I'm not thick, I know which foods are good and which are not I did an entire science A level based on nutrition! No I haven't been using oil at all even when cooking, no butter or cheese. Just literally salads with meat and eggs, omlets, vegetables, no sugars in tea or drinks and I've been walking for at least 30mins a day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    hey

Yer funny.

I'm not thick, I know which foods are good and which are not I did an entire science A level based on nutrition! No I haven't been using oil at all even when cooking, no butter or cheese. Just literally salads with meat and eggs, omlets, vegetables, no sugars in tea or drinks and I've been walking for at least 30mins a day.

Sorry why are you avoiding oil, butter and cheese?

You're keto right?

A whole year on nutrition? Wow
  • alicer461
    Options

I don't add oil because I don't like it and most of the stuff I eat doesn't need to be cooked in oil, just oven baked
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Why do people feel the need to be condescending? Jesus..
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    hey

I've been doing ketosis for the last 2 weeks and eating really well, usually having 1000 calories ( just because I'm full). Last week I lost 6lb and this week 1 ! I'm so disappointed does anyone know why this could be ? Thanks

Don't be discouraged. The first week of a low carb diet is always water weight loss. Just make sure keto is something you want to make a lifestyle out of. Unfortunately, a lot of people that switch from keto to slowly eating carbs again gain some of the weight back. I tried it a couple years ago and decided it wasn't for me. I wouldn't be able to live on 80% protein and fats. You have to ask yourself if cutting out certain food groups out will work for you in the long run.

Good luck!

• alicer461
    Options
    Lexicpt wrote: »
    Why do people feel the need to be condescending? Jesus..

I totally agree
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SEVEN pounds in 2 weeks. Half is probably water. Still, a good loss.

Just make sure you're getting enough fat.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Be careful with the avoidance of fats. Your brain needs fat, and you risk ruining your gallbladder eating ultra low fat. I've not looked at your diary, so I'm not sure if that applies to you, just wanted you to be aware if you weren't already. :)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    hey

Yer funny.

You need to add more dietary fats to your diet.

At the moment you seem to be doing low carb low fat, low everything. Not good.

Consume more calories. Eat more dietary fats. So start using oil, butter, cheese etc.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    hey

Yer funny.

You need to add more dietary fats to your diet.

At the moment you seem to be doing low carb low fat, low everything. Not good.

Consume more calories. Eat more dietary fats. So start using oil, butter, cheese etc.

Careful you might be accused of being condescending :huh:

Keto avoiding fats ...incomprehensible
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Based on what you describe, you would basically like to be on a low fat diet, because this is what you like or feel comfortable with, but you have hopes that keto will work as a quick fix for fat loss, so are at the same time trying to follow this plan, but without even using oil for cooking. This is not a diet plan, this is panic mode and it will not help. You are not doing keto, you are just restricting calories a lot.
    Forget what you have read that has worked for others, and figure out what you enjoy, like, have time to cook, feel is healthy etc and what foods you feel you will be eating forever, not a few weeks. And adapt your lifestyle, cooking nad portions to this. Not for a few weeks.
  • billiebutton
    billiebutton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. Like others have said it took you longer than two weeks to put the extra 40lbs on. I was in the same place as you about 2 weeks ago. I was very discouraged I'd lost 4lbs at first then only a pound. Just remember "some progress is better than no progress".
  • alicer461
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

I think I might try this keto thing for another few days but if it's not working I might try something else, I can see perhaps keto isn't for me
  • opticoax
    opticoax Posts: 28
    Options
    I have been keto-ing for about 2 weeks...using the pee strips, which isn't a direct measurement of the kind of ketones you want, but a good indicator. Lost about 10lbs right off the bat. Think I kicked myself out of keto yesterday with smoked almonds. Anyhow, fats are important...you have to eat them.

I am really having trouble with my energy levels as I am nearly falling asleep at my desk every afternoon. I just started Stronglifts 2 months ago, and my weights have dropped after starting keto.....I guess I just need to hit the keto adapted state.

Anyhow, saw a couple neat studies about ketogenesis....one where the weight training gained more muscle than the non-keto group and lost more fat, and another where the weight loss on keto was 95% from body fat, muscle was hardly touched.

I say, stick with it, but make sure you are actually in a ketogenic state...I wish there was a more accurate and less expensive way to measure this besides the expensive meter they sell on amazon.
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ebp3ggdrfbty.jpg

When I loose only 1lb I look at this and think wow 1lb :smile: (hopefully it's posted ok)