daughter set me up on this. doing 30 day challenge

Options
My daughter wanted me do do the 30 day challenge for her birthday present. Day one.. looking good on food intake so far.

Replies

• KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My daughter wanted me do do the 30 day challenge for her birthday present. Day one.. looking good on food intake so far.

Way to go!! And so awesome that you are doing this for her!! I wanted to ask my mom to do the same thing for me on my birthday, but hubby talked me out of it. I think it's fantastic.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is a smart girl, mfp is a great tool for health and weight loss. Get a food scale, weigh and log everything, and read the posts stickied at the tops of the various forums. Good luck!!
  • mysilverventure
    mysilverventure Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How long u been d6this?
  • mysilverventure
    Options
    Doing this? Fat fingers
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Started in August, lost 21% of my starting weight and am now in maintenance, 2 lbs from ultimate goal weight.
  • mysilverventure
    Options
    Wow! My goal is 70lbs. Almost impossible
  • mysilverventure
    Options
    290lbs, starting point. Goal is 220
  • mysilverventure
    Options
    Never could get close before. I like eating confront food to much.
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    No, it really isn't! I'm down 37 pounds in half a year, hypothyroid, 40's, and never thought I could do it. It's important to learn as you go though.

Key things: CICO (calories in, calories out), weigh your food, no cheats that would put you above maintenance. Do some weight training to preserve muscle mass as you lose. Diet to lose weight exercise for fitness and health.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    << has lost and kept 70 pounds off.

it's not impossible. it's just not going to happen overnight. just take it one day at a time. :)
  • KorbyPerez
    Options
    You got this bud. 30 days will be over in the blink of an eye. I'd wish you luck but you won't need it. Discipline is the key.
  • SALSACHICA1
    SALSACHICA1 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    290lbs, starting point. Goal is 220
    This is totally possible!

• blankiefinder
    Options
    Never could get close before. I like eating confront food to much.

The trick is to want it more. You have to want it more than the unhealthy foods. Find a way to modify them. Substitute in plain Greek yogurt for sour cream you can barely tell the difference. Cut back on the servings of high calorie starches like rice mashed potatoes etc. and eat more lower calorie lean proteins that will keep you full longer. You can still eat some of the bad stuff just need to eat smaller portions and make it fit. I still have the occasional sundae from Dairy Queen.
  • mysilverventure
    Options
    Can't believe how everyone is here to help. Very impressive
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Can't believe how everyone is here to help. Very impressive

Well, some would argue that point :) but I love it here. Just don't ask silly questions like if fad diets work :*
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day challenge?
  • mysilverventure
    Options
    I did all the faf diets. Only work till your not lazy anymore. I just accepted the fact that i now have a big gut, and I'm a big guy. But my daughter wants me to do it for her.
  • mysilverventure
    Options
    Si i figure i do the 30 day challenge
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    You need to find a way to want it as much as she wants it for you. Think about what her life would be like without you. Think about all the things you could miss. It Has to come from within you
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and best of luck to you. Just get used to logging everything for a few days, then review your food choices for ideas how you might improve.

Are you going to do a daily exercise like treadmill or walking as well?