HEALTHY snacks?

Options
What are some great tasting healthy snack alternatives that won't ruin my diet?

Replies

• TheConsumerQueen
    Options
    I make homemade popcorn with coconut oil. I also love Halo's and they are only 40 calories per Halo!
  • PAYNEMAKER
    PAYNEMAKER Posts: 40 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The popcorn in coconut oil sounds good..Thanks but what r halos. Im assuming you cook the popcorn as you would with regular oil
  • Jani22
    Jani22 Posts: 17
    Options
    My standbys are raw veg - carrot, cucumber, celery, radishes with Quark low fat curd cheese and a couple of Ryvita crackerbreads (only 19 calories per slice); oranges, pears, bananas - allow one a day as they're not as calorie-free as lots of people think; couple of hundred grams of soft fruits like raspberries or strawberries with a fat free weightwatchers fruit yoghurtn (60 calories).
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    My snacks tend to be centered around getting more protein in my diet. So I reach for things like string cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, beef or turkey jerky, nuts, protein bars.
  • PAYNEMAKER
    Options
    My snacks tend to be centered around getting more protein in my diet. So I reach for things like string cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, beef or turkey jerky, nuts, protein bars.

More protein sounds great as a healthy snack, hard boiled eggs, and Turkey jerky. Lots of people insist on hummus and veggies I must give it a try.THANKS :)
  • Jani22
    Jani22 Posts: 17
    Options
    Home made chunky veg soup is always good, especially when it's cold.
  • TheConsumerQueen
    Options
    Halo's are like bite sized oranges. They are so good. As for the popcorn I have an actual popcorn make but you could just cook it on the stove with a spoonful of coconut oil.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I like peanut butter on celery (salty & crunchy protein)- sometimes I add raisins(AKA ants on a log) if I want a bit of sweet.
  • PAYNEMAKER
    Options
    T
    Halo's are like bite sized oranges. They are so good. As for the popcorn I have an actual popcorn make but you could just cook it on the stove with a spoonful of coconut oil.

I'M going to definitely try the popcorn idea, and as for halo I remember having them before they look like tangerines and come in a bag .THANKS
  • bettymissus
    bettymissus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas- can be flavoured to your liking- amazing to keep you full and can be easily transported
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, laughing cow cheese on arnolds lite bread, carrots, cucumbers, beef jerky, quest bar, quest chips, egg beaters with laughing cow cheese, dark chocolate, glenny's 100 calorie brownies, greek yogurt, tabouli and hummus on toast, berries...I like snacks.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    A nice burger. Nothing ever ruined your diet except for excess of big plates...
  • PAYNEMAKER
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    cottage cheese, laughing cow cheese on arnolds lite bread, carrots, cucumbers, beef jerky, quest bar, quest chips, egg beaters with laughing cow cheese, dark chocolate, glenny's 100 calorie brownies, greek yogurt, tabouli and hummus on toast, berries...I like snacks.

I see you do like snacks .you have a few I never thought of though THANKS
  • LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My favorite right now is frozen grapes. Also carrots, bell peppers, granola, and others already mentioned.
  • PAYNEMAKER
    Options
    LaVie13 wrote: »
    My favorite right now is frozen grapes. Also carrots, bell peppers, granola, and others already mentioned.

FROZEN grapes...really?hmmmm. Ill think about it
  • LaVie13
    LaVie13 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yup, frozen they last longer than a few minutes. :)
  • klaraam
    klaraam Posts: 30
    Options
    I love fruit salads, you can really change them up with different fruits which is nice. Cottage cheese is also a favorite of mine and I saw that someone mentioned frozen grapes and they are really good!
  • PAYNEMAKER
    Options
    klaraam wrote: »
    I love fruit salads, you can really change them up with different fruits which is nice. Cottage cheese is also a favorite of mine and I saw that someone mentioned frozen grapes and they are really good!
    cottage cheese and fruit, I do like that and has plenty of extra protein. I'm going to have to really try this FROZEN grapes..THANKS
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites are: Halos (mandarin oranges), apples, 100-calorie packages of nuts (cashews are my favorites), high fiber granola/snack bars, veggies and hummus, hard boiled eggs, mini babybel light cheeses