Mummy Tummies.

Options
Let's share both current weight, weight goals and also exercises that will tone up the old mum tum!

Replies

• sarahlouise1978
    sarahlouise1978 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this! Had twin boys 6 weeks ago and very much needing to lose weight and sort out my tummy! I'll send you a friend request if that's ok? X
  • MissLadyPidge
    Options
    Im 13st 13lb, my goal is 10st or around that and am currently waiting to see results from my sit ups and crunches :D
  • sarahlouise1978
    Options
    I'm up for this! Had twin boys 6 weeks ago and very much needing to lose weight and sort out my tummy! I'll send you a friend request if that's ok? X
  • MissLadyPidge
    Options
    That's fine my lovely! Xx
  • Dietcise
    Dietcise Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lying on your back & lifting both legs off the ground several inches and hold as long as possible. It works!
  • sarahlouise1978
    Options
    I'm 14st 7lbs and my goal is to get back to 11st 7lbs so have a similar amount of weight to lose. Getting the ok from my doctor this Thursday to start exercising again so meanwhile I'm just watching what I eat and walking the dog with the buggy each day x
  • MissLadyPidge
    Options
    Dietcise wrote: »
    Lying on your back & lifting both legs off the ground several inches and hold as long as possible. It works!

I've tried this before I think and I just kept shaking haha. Is that normal?

• MissLadyPidge
    Options
    I'm so lazy haha. I wasn't even thinking about my weight after 6 weeks. 3 months on and its just hit me haha. I was so bad with eating in pregnancy. Anything savoury made me feel sick!
    Are you eating a certain amount of calories a day? Xx
  • colubridlady
    colubridlady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have quite a split in my abs still so I'm not supposed to be doing much ab work. I do try to tone my transverse abs by "sucking in my stomach" and holding it. That seems to help a bit. I also work my obliques by standing and holding weights and doing side crunches(?) Not sure that's what they're called since I'm standing instead of lying down. I use somewhere between 15 and 20 lb weights.

Anyway, I'm 196 lbs (I was 210 lbs in January). My initial goal is to reach 170 (my lowest weight post-marriage/pre-kids), but my stretch goal is 155. I haven't been 155 since high school, and I thought I was fat back then. Ha!
  • colubridlady
    colubridlady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I have the app set for me to lose 2 lbs a week, so that equals 1340 calories for me. I used to have it set for 1.5 lbs per week but I was still eating too much junk and not seeing much weight come off so I lowered my calorie allowance.

I have only stayed under this new goal one day of the past 2 weeks (I just still try to keep as close to 1340 calories as I can), but the weight is coming off pretty easy again.

I also run 3 times a week (somewhere around 1.5-2 miles each time) and do Zumba 4 times a week.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    HW: 260lbs
    CW: 146lbs
    GW: 120-130
    Ultimately I'd like to be 20% BF and could care less what the scale says when I get there.
    Height: 5'4.5"

I'm a mom of 2. My first son was born in Dec 2011 (c-section). About 6 weeks or so after I weighed myself and to my horror was 260lbs. Needless to say my drivers license also came up for renewal around then. My second son was born at the end of May 2014 (c-section). I did lose weight between the pregnancies and was around 170lbs when I found out I was pregnant.

I recommend reading "So You Want a Nice Stomach." It's a thread stickied at the top of the General Diet and Weightloss Section of the forums. The lady who wrote it not only has amazing abs, but also has kids and was obese for awhile.

Currently, I'm doing Stronglifts 5x5 (strength building program using free weights) and I really need to add some exercises for my back end. It's as flat as a pancake after all my weight loss. I have to say, that my stomach isn't really a main focus. I must be doing something right though, because it seems to be slowly tightening up (and the little overhang over my scar is getting smaller).
  • sarahat10
    sarahat10 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    With my first pregnancy I went from 160 to 260.
    I had gestational diabetes and that took me three years to get down to 175

I had my second daughter 4 months ago and I refuse to take three years again,
    Starting weight 215
    Current weight 201
    Goal 160

My best friend for my tummy was Zumba and running! Running helped shape my body and help with my mummy tummy the most I have just slowly started walking but I can't wait to get back to running again!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 7 months (c/s)....I have a 7 year old (c/s), 5 yr old (vbac), & 4 year old too (vbac).

Sw -222
    Cw -204
    Gw-185
    Ugw- 165

Currently eating approx 1800cals and losing 1.5# a week.

Add me if you want!
  • pinchaninch1
    pinchaninch1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ive lost loads of weight since my daughter was born using mfp. I neeed to rid my muffin mummy tummy top :-( so hard.