Summer of Change: Student Edition (New Group)

Options

Replies

• jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hey, while we're here I have a question!
    Do you guys think a minor in health and wellness would be totally useless if I'm not looking to be any kind of doctor? Thing is, it's only 19 credits and I think it'd interest me, but I can't think of anything I can do with that and business management unless I want to run weight watchers!
  • kayladiane5
    kayladiane5 Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey, while we're here I have a question!
    Do you guys think a minor in health and wellness would be totally useless if I'm not looking to be any kind of doctor? Thing is, it's only 19 credits and I think it'd interest me, but I can't think of anything I can do with that and business management unless I want to run weight watchers!

That actually sounds really cool and I wish our school had that. If you can fit it, I say go for it :)
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    Here is the spreadsheet..

http://tinyurl.com/summerofchangedata

Tell me if you can see it (this is key), I made it on my school email google documents account so I'm not sure if everyone can see it.
    The reason it says: Total weight lost, then how much you weigh is because we haven't had a weigh-in yet. Once we do the first weigh-in that will change. I put in a formula so it should change automatically when I enter in new data for each week.
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Count me In, this sounds awesome:

Name: Chelsee
    Major/minor: American History and Religious Studies double major with minor in American Politics (I'll be a senior)
    Why you want to join this group?: Because I need more help and motivation from people who are my age and in my place in life. Also, this looks AWESOME!
    Goals for summer: Not to gain the weight back and to keep losing
    SW: 196 (200 at my heaviest) in January
    CW: 161
    GW (for August 30th): 140?
    Any suggestions/comments: This looks amazing! friend me too :D
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can see it, but I have a google account. I hope people without google accounts can see it.
  • neuroticlin89
    neuroticlin89 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Tell me if you can see it (this is key), I made it on my school email google documents account so I'm not sure if everyone can see it.
    The reason it says: Total weight lost, then how much you weigh is because we haven't had a weigh-in yet. Once we do the first weigh-in that will change. I put in a formula so it should change automatically when I enter in new data for each week.

yupp i can see it. although you have to request access in order to add something yourself.
  • neuroticlin89
    Options
    I can see it, but I have a google account. I hope people without google accounts can see it.

i signed out of google to see if i could still see it. it works. nice job kayla w/ the spreadsheet.
  • kayladiane5
    Options
    I was just going to do all of the changing, if that's ok with everyone. If we have too many people doing to editing then it may get confusing.
    I hope this is ok with everyone.
  • kayladiane5
    Options

i signed out of google to see if i could still see it. it works. nice job kayla w/ the spreadsheet.

Thanks! My microapplications for business class really payed off in the long run lol.. Even though I only got a B in it.
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options

I'm able to see everything so far!
  • JesseP18
    JesseP18 Posts: 19
    Options
    Name: Jesse
    Major/minor: Psychology
    Why you want to join this group?: Why not? :)
    Goals for summer: Reeeeally focus on my fitness
    SW: 158
    CW: 157
    GW (for August 30th): ?
    Any suggestions/comments: I weightlift and box/kickbox at the moment, thinking of buying p90x over the summer. Let me know what you think!
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! Are grad students welcome? Here are my stats, in case you'll let me play:

Name: whiskyzee
    Major/minor: PhD English Lit.
    Why you want to join this group?: I need a little competition and support from people who understand the struggles of healthy living in college (have you ever seen the typical grad student's schedule?!)
    Goals for summer: Develop healthy habits that will carry me through the school year, get ready for a big move to a new school in a warm climate, gain a little more self-confidence so that I don't always feel like I'm faking my life, beat my fastest 10k time, finally finish War and Peace (discipline is discipline, right?)
    SW: 148
    CW: 144
    GW (for August 30th): 130-135 (never been below 140--not sure what my healthiest weight is)
    Any suggestions/comments:
  • jbrod19
    jbrod19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yay this looks great!!

Name: Hallie
    Major/minor: Economics and Psychology
    Why you want to join this group?: I am unhappy with the way that I look and I am ready to change that.
    Goals for summer: Wear a bikini by the end of the summer!!!!
    SW: 170
    CW: 170
    GW (for August 30th): 145
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    I love the idea! I haven't found a group that fit me so thanks!

Name: Ellie
    Major/minor: Unknown but prob Psychology. I am working on my GED.
    Why you want to join this group?: I want a group of people who have the same things as me going on to provide motivation and support.
    Goals for summer: Stay the weight i am without gaining any.
    CW: 100
    GW (for August 30th): 100
  • neuroticlin89
    Options
    I'd love to join! Are grad students welcome? Here are my stats, in case you'll let me play:

Name: whiskyzee
    Major/minor: PhD English Lit.
    Why you want to join this group?: I need a little competition and support from people who understand the struggles of healthy living in college (have you ever seen the typical grad student's schedule?!)
    Goals for summer: Develop healthy habits that will carry me through the school year, get ready for a big move to a new school in a warm climate, gain a little more self-confidence so that I don't always feel like I'm faking my life, beat my fastest 10k time, finally finish War and Peace (discipline is discipline, right?)
    SW: 148
    CW: 144
    GW (for August 30th): 130-135 (never been below 140--not sure what my healthiest weight is)

war and peace? how long have u been working on it?
    lol that used to be one of my goals at some point in life. that, and anna karenina, uncle tom's cabin, canterbury tales & crime and punishment. i decided getting healthy and losing some weight would be a more feasible goal lol.
  • hope007
    hope007 Posts: 8
    Options
    Amazing idea. Couldn't have thought it better myself.
    Name: Jojo
    Major/minor: Behavioral Sciences (Psychology)
    Why you want to join this group?: Because it looks pretty Ahh -mazing! :] We all need support, why not do it with people who know how stressful college can be!
    Goals for summer: Loose a lot of weight. Learn to cook healthy food <-- Any suggestions?
    SW:294
    CW: 260
    GW (for August 30th): 230
    Any suggestions/comments Happy to have found this post, honestly it's heaven sent. Add me :]
  • neuroticlin89
    Options
    I love the idea! I haven't found a group that fit me so thanks!

Name: Ellie
    Major/minor: Unknown but prob Psychology. I am working on my GED.
    Why you want to join this group?: I want a group of people who have the same things as me going on to provide motivation and support.
    Goals for summer: Stay the weight i am without gaining any.
    CW: 100
    GW (for August 30th): 100

heyy its the cucumber lover! =P
  • kirstydoeslife
    Options
    I live in the southern hemisphere - so it's the opposite seasons for me, but I still want to do this xD

Name: Kirsty
    Major/minor: Nursing
    Why you want to join this group?: To join people around the same age as me in the quest for a great summer body.
    Goals for winter: Not let starchy foods get the best of me! Stay on track, and get ready for summer '11/'12!
    SW: 200
    CW: 171
    GW (for August 30th): 140 :)
    Any suggestions/comments: This is a great idea!
  • kaylor908
    kaylor908 Posts: 42
    Options
    This sounds great!

Name: Kaylor
    Major/minor: Econ major thinking about getting a minor in business
    Why you want to join this group?: I definately want to tak advantage of e community on here. I just haven't really found people that I connect with yet.
    Goals for summer: Look good in pictures, raise my GPA (summer school ugh)
    CW: 177
    GW (for August 30th): 150
    Any suggestions/comments: I used to love reading but I've been slacking lately so i'd love any book/author suggestions. P.S. I'm totally into all those girly books: Twilight, Jody Picolt, etc
  • forJupiter
    forJupiter Posts: 45
    Options
    Oh yay! Hello kiddies. I like this idea. Everyone is more than welcome to add me by the way =]

Name. Amanda
    Age. 20
    Major. Zoology
    Why do you want to join? I don't really have any friends working out or trying to be healthy other then my girlfriend so we tend to be taking shots in the dark when it comes to trying to be healthy. It's awesome to have a resource such as myfitnesspaland bodybuilding.com bbut it would be so much better to have a support network... Not to mention I love the idea of little competitions. And I'm also secretly hoping some of you guys might have awesome tips for eating healthy while being a poor college student.
    Goals for summer? I don't really have any specific goals other than have fun, train for rugby, and do the best I can.
    SW. 203lbs (was 210 but lost a bit before starting mfp)
    CW. 199.6lbs
    GW. 185-180lbs by August 30th (150lbs is my final goal but that might change)