Reshaping?

Options
This may be in the wrong area, and I'm sorry if it is. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I guess I couldn't figure out what to search for :)

I'm actually about at the weight I want (I really just want to lose 5lbs), but my lower region is definitely not toned. Neither are my abs for that matter. As I work out and hopefully get my bottom into a less flabby shape will I lose weight or will everything just... redistribute?

Replies

• pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    If by working out you mean strength training, you'll definitely get the results you want. Muscle is a lot denser than fat, so you can maintain the weight you're currently at (or lose 5lbs) but completely alter your physique as you trade stubborn flab for sexy definition.

Congrats on you're progress so far! =)
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    If you get your bodyfat percentage to around 12%, I guarantee you will see your abs
  • phenomeva
    phenomeva Posts: 27
    Options
    If by working out you mean strength training, you'll definitely get the results you want. Muscle is a lot denser than fat, so you can maintain the weight you're currently at (or lose 5lbs) but completely alter your physique as you trade stubborn flab for sexy definition.

Thank you for the quick answer! I am very new to getting in shape so I wasn't sure how the weight exchange worked :)

also, @ dxing that sounds low! I think my doctor told me to aim for about 20% :)
  • dxing
    dxing Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Thank you for the quick answer! I am very new to getting in shape so I wasn't sure how the weight exchange worked :)

also, @ dxing that sounds low! I think my doctor told me to aim for about 20% :)

Sorry you're right, I was thinking about men's bodyfat percentage XP
  • phenomeva
    phenomeva Posts: 27
    Options
    :) np I figured that was the case. I'd like to keep some of my curves lol
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Im also working on my lower body, not looking for weightloss but more shaping and hardening! Squats are my best bf at the moment...