former/current AP students?

Options
cdogthegreat0702
cdogthegreat0702 Posts: 12 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
are there any former or current AP students on here?

i have 2 AP classes- calculus + lit.
i get home at 4:00 (school has been extended to 3:45 every day until may... yay) and i start working on homework immediately. by the time i get finished with both subjects, it's at least 6:00 and i have no time to make a calorie/protein dense dinner before i work out. on top of that, our AP calc class has to meet for at least 2 hours for a couple of nights a week.

the question to which that long af paragraph is leading is this: how do you deal with exorbitant amounts of work and stress while still maintaining a healthy, active lifestyle?

Replies

• ekat1234
    ekat1234 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have four AP classes: Calculus BC, Physics 2, Lit, and Goverment. I actually work out right after school otherwise I end up not going half the time. Once I'm done working out i eat dinner and then do my homework and studying. It's probably not themost effective way to do it but it's what gets me going. Plus the thought that I have a ton of homework and studing to do makes me push through and complete my workout.
  • cdogthegreat0702
    Options
    ekat1234 wrote: »
    I have four AP classes: Calculus BC, Physics 2, Lit, and Goverment. I actually work out right after school otherwise I end up not going half the time. Once I'm done working out i eat dinner and then do my homework and studying. It's probably not themost effective way to do it but it's what gets me going. Plus the thought that I have a ton of homework and studing to do makes me push through and complete my workout.

i am so thankful that our school is on block schedule so we only have 4 courses per semester. i can't fathom the idea of having four AP classes all year long! i do like the idea of stress fueling workouts. april is going to be filled with powerful workouts from now on ;)
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    I took the Chem AP without taking the class. I just used the study guide.

• DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    You should probably drop out of the class, spend the $20 or whatever on the study guide, and then use the extra time for gym and cooking. It'll be fine.
  • cdogthegreat0702
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »
    You should probably drop out of the class, spend the $20 or whatever on the study guide, and then use the extra time for gym and cooking. It'll be fine.

i would, but i only have a few more weeks to go (my last day is may 12) and our guidance department never lets anyone change classes after the first 3 weeks of class anyway :/
  • GyoRgak
    GyoRgak Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm taking 7 AP tests (2 Physics C, Bio, Lit, Calc BC, Euro, and art History) and I get home everyday around 4. As soon as I get home and get my protein shake ready I go to my gym and workout, then run when I get home. I shower and am usually ready for the grind of school work at around 8. I do homework from 8-1030 then stop (doing some in school studyhall and lunch help). You just gotta dedicate yourself to it. You're almost done just grind through it, and you'll see that in the end the active lifestyle and the AP tests will both pay off in the end.
  • teethirteeen
    Options
    I took 4 AP classes last year, then got out of school and worked until 10pm each night. Once I got out I would head to the gym for an hour and a half and then head home to do homework and eat dinner. It wasnt optimal but I lost so much weight and was constantly busy! You can do this!!
  • cdogthegreat0702
    Options
    GyoRgak wrote: »
    I'm taking 7 AP tests (2 Physics C, Bio, Lit, Calc BC, Euro, and art History) and I get home everyday around 4. As soon as I get home and get my protein shake ready I go to my gym and workout, then run when I get home. I shower and am usually ready for the grind of school work at around 8. I do homework from 8-1030 then stop (doing some in school studyhall and lunch help). You just gotta dedicate yourself to it. You're almost done just grind through it, and you'll see that in the end the active lifestyle and the AP tests will both pay off in the end.
    I took 4 AP classes last year, then got out of school and worked until 10pm each night. Once I got out I would head to the gym for an hour and a half and then head home to do homework and eat dinner. It wasnt optimal but I lost so much weight and was constantly busy! You can do this!!

you guys are badasses and i can only strive to achieve your level of dedication!!